New
Find
Notify
Tools

Standard factory longrange
 Login/Join

posted
Teaching and pushing the little rifle to its limit

Had a visit from an interested Swede and showed him parts of the Swedish method (oh, the irony!). This film basically shows how well standard factory shoots and how effective the Swedish method is for fast longrange shots.

The bullet travels very close to subsonic speeds here. Maybe controlling ES (I think I have ES 8 msec now, but my chrono is not to be trusted.) will help a little at this range, it can't hurt to try but we'll have to see if I can sacrifice the domestic peace to spend more time reloading...

Film 48: Standard factory

6,5x55 - The world's most underrated longrange cartridge?

Posts: 6 | Registered: 28 July 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well THLR, I saw the video and still have no idea what the Swedish method is! Can you explain?
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
THe Swedish method is basically what I show in the previous blogs.

It is basically a way of handling information for predicting longrange trajectories.
The very short version of it is:
Sight your rifle in and set a trajectory for specified atmospheric conditions and put this on your scope (BDC)
For all deviations to this, log/ calculate only the deviations from your BDC.

If you want speed and accuracy, it beats the hell out of ballistic cellphone apps etc.

6,5x55 - The world's most underrated longrange cartridge?

Posts: 6 | Registered: 28 July 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post