New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gunwerks
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I ordered one of Aaron Davis LRM rifle systems last January while at the Dallas Safari Club. Gunwerks called a couple of weeks ago with the rifle was ready. Since the Burlington is less than a day's drive my wife and I made a weekend of the trip.
The rifle is the 375 Ruger necked to .284 and I ordered the G7 range ballastics range finder with the system. Aaron and I went to the range that morning with a nice 5 to 7 mph wind (light for Wy). My first shot was at 457 yards and a 6" target with a hit low and left about 1 moa. The 2nd shot was the same as well as the 3rd. We made a quick adjustment to the turrent and I was on. The 2nd series was at 750 yds with a 5 mph wind and with the G7 corrections I was on target within 6 inches of center. We ranged the 3rd series of shots at 950 yds and I was still withing moa of around 8 to 10 inches. I was very happy with my new sheep hunting pal. I was ready for 1000 yd and Aaron said let's go a little beyond. We ranged 1340 yards with a 5 mph cross wind on a rock that was about 1 moa in the scope per the reticle. I made the adjustment to hold 1 mark of windage and hit just left of center. Wow what a system. The 180 grn Berger VLD is at 3100fps at muzzle with no pressure signs.

Posts: 209 | Location: Montana | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi Jim, I watch Gunwerks show online, really like it, they seem on the ball and genuine nice people.

Can you shed some light on the 7mm/375 Ruger sounds interesting, Im a die hard 284WIN fan but for some reason that combo really made me smile, dunno why? dies etc.
With the results,for the first time shooting that rig really shows its potential.
I shot my F class 284 in a new stock on Saturday and it was poos! BUT I know the stock is proven, just different for me,like you once I get used to it it will be dangerous Wink

All the best with it.

RUNAS

War is inevitable, if idiots are in charge of countries

Posts: 162 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 15 March 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blacktailsniper
posted Hide Post
About 18 months ago I sent Gunwerks my Stiller TAC 300 and a 5.75,8tw,5c, fluted Broughton barrel. They chambered it in their 7LRM(7mm-375Ruger), installed a 3 port brake, and Ceracoted it mat black. All I can say is WOW! I can't tell you how awesome everyone is there and how quickly they got it done. I am shooting 72.8grs. of H1000 pushing the 180VLD@ 3145fps. Their finish work was excellent and it's shooting 1/3 MOA out to 1000yds. I hope you enjoy your's as much as I do mine!

7LRM AKA 7mm-375Ruger
Stiller TAC300
Broughton 28",5c,8tw,fluted
Smithed by Gunwerks
Greybull Precision Stock
Jewell Trigger
180VLD@3145fps.

Posts: 5 | Location: Dallas,OR | Registered: 18 May 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I ordered the same gun last January at the Dallas SC show. Got it just in time for a mule deer hunt in Idaho. Last day of the hunt a nice buck stepped out at 545 yards. I dialed the scope, took a good rest and dropped him in his tracks. I really like this gun.

Posts: 151 | Location: NC | Registered: 11 September 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post