THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM LONG RANGE SHOOTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Long Range Shooting    Long Range Cartridge for the Recoil Haters?
Page 1 2 3 4 

Moderators: MS Hitman
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Long Range Cartridge for the Recoil Haters?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wink Go for a Remington 700 BDL/CDL in 308. I use Nosler 125gn ballistic tips with 46.5gn ADI 2208 on light- medium game. Shoots consistently 0.25-0.5 MOA at 100m.

Low recoil and always accurate. People often refer to 308s as boringly accurate and there is a reason for that...

Posts: 72 | Location: Sydney, Australia | Registered: 23 August 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wow guys! It has been awhile since I checked this thread. It took me awhile to read but I appreciate all the imput. As an update I ordered a Defiance SA with a 308 Bolt Face but I still haven't picked a cartridge. I had an easier time pickig my kids names than choose a cartridge for this project. Wink

ddj

The best part of hunting and fishing was the thinking about going and the talking about it after you got back - Robert Ruark

Posts: 966 | Location: Northwest Iowa | Registered: 10 June 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
After shooting Benchrest at 1000 yards with several calibers and cartridges here is my take. After blowing up a 7-300 Weatherby I salvaged the barrel into a 7 Rem Mag and used 176gr Caurtarucio bullets with good success. This rifle gave out after 2000 rounds using VV-170 and Fastex. The next build was for heavy class and I designed a 30-3380 Lapua on a shortened case so the capacity was between a 330Win Mag and A 300 Weatherby. I still have that gun and vertical was at 2.5 inches at 1000 yards.
Growing tired of not seeing my results from shooting until 2.5 hours later.I changed to F-Class where you get feedback after every shot. I entered that venue with a 7.5x55 Swiss. Always knowing that the 6.5 bullets didn't give up anything to the 30 cal bulleys I went to a 6.5x55 and now own 4 of them. I would highly recommend this round due to its accuracy, mild recoil and long barrel life. Next came the Dasher which is an improved 6mm BR. A little more tricky in the wind but superb accuracy at 1000 yards and good barrel life like a 6.5x55. I would recommend a Savage target action as your can change barrels easily even in the field

Posts: 202 | Location: Santa Fe, New Mexico, USA | Registered: 18 February 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
Picture of POP
posted Hide Post
Get a savage 6.5 x 284

My blog: Please Comment and Follow
https://thehandloadinglog.wordpress.com

Posts: 3863 | Location: Cheyenne, WYOMING, USA | Registered: 13 June 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post