quote:
Originally posted by jwp475:
quote:
Originally posted by rcamuglia:
You believe wrong
quote:
MARK 4 ER/T RIFLESCOPES
Mark 4 8.5-25x50mm ER/T M1 Front Focal

Got to Leupold.com. Tactical. Mark IV ER/T.

http://leupold.com/tactical/pr...-ert-m1-front-focal/

This link does say first focal plane

Not the first time that I have been wrong, no cherry here
tu2

You should check them out jwp. You'd be impressed. I have 3 of them and they are a lot of scope for the $

Posts: 3427 | Registered: 05 August 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
Picture of DMCI*
posted Hide Post
Long range capable optics are very interesting.

Here is a side parralax, extended range adjustable 34mm tube scope in 3.2-17x42. This scope has a MOA reticle and MOA knob. Reticle is shown below, so you can measure hits with scale and change point of impact with knob directly.

Here is a picture of another long range scope. This is a 6-30x58 with a 35mm tube.

--------------------

EGO sum bastard ut does frendo

Posts: 2821 | Location: Left Coast | Registered: 23 September 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Antelope Sniper:
...the fact that Hotcore been throwing spears, arrows, and bullets for over 12,000 years, ...
I like to think of that as "Experienced". old
-----

Hey DMCI*, Very nice Reticle and a fine looking set of Scopes. What kind of $$$dollars$$$ are needed for one of them?

Posts: 9920 | Location: Carolinas, USA | Registered: 22 April 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
Picture of DMCI*
posted Hide Post
Hotcore:

These are custom built scopes. You can price them yourself on the configurator at www.usoptics.com.

Price changes based on accesories and power etc that you purchase.

--------------------

Posts: 2821 | Location: Left Coast | Registered: 23 September 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thank you. I had no idea there were Custom Made Scopes on the market. Amazing!

Posts: 9920 | Location: Carolinas, USA | Registered: 22 April 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Every US Optics scope is hand made by one person. They are works of art, and price accordingly.

Posts: 3034 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 01 July 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
Picture of Ghubert
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DMCI*:
Long range capable optics are very interesting.

Here is a side parralax, extended range adjustable 34mm tube scope in 3.2-17x42. This scope has a MOA reticle and MOA knob. Reticle is shown below, so you can measure hits with scale and change point of impact with knob directly.

Here is a picture of another long range scope. This is a 6-30x58 with a 35mm tube.

Very useful.

I don't suppose we can get them over here though.....

Over here Nightforce and Schmidt und Bender tend to be the choice but I've been having a play with one of these: http://www.valdada.com/product...d0-7e3fce3894af.aspx

The adjustment range is stunning, so hopefully no incline base needed on the 308, and the optics are easily better than Leuopold/Nightforce and not too far behind the S&B.

So far, it's not my scope, the tracking has proved repeatable, going from the 200 yard elevation to 1200 and back again over the course of a day with no issues on the three occasions I've had a play.

They aren't exactly cheap and the 40mm tube will necessitate some expensive mounts.

Can you get these scopes on your side of the pond?

They are comparable to a S&B in my opinion but around 25-40% cheaper.

The Meopta line of tactical scopes are also very, very good for the money, they've also been in the game a very long time, have good glass and good tracking.

Posts: 11731 | Location: London, UK | Registered: 02 September 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just shot a rifle for a friend. A custom .300 RUM with a Schmidt and Bender FF mil dot reticle 6-16x

I was not impressed

The reticle is too thick for precise aiming

One of Us
Picture of Ghubert
posted Hide Post
quote:
I just shot a rifle for a friend. A custom .300 RUM with a Schmidt and Bender FF mil dot reticle 6-16x

I was not impressed

It is a thick graticule on the FFP S&Bs.

You can get SFP scope from them by special order on some models.

http://www.schmidtbender.com/s...policemarksman.shtml

Click on the specification tab under the various models to see which one have it but generally only the hig mag scope will offer the option and over here high mag is considered to be anything above about 15.

The standard British Army sniper scope was a S&B 6x42 PM until not too recently, high mag seems to have come in from the benchrest boys, rather than the snipers.

Posts: 11731 | Location: London, UK | Registered: 02 September 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think you would have to go a long way to beat a March. They are hand built one at a time by one engineer.
Butch

Posts: 8959 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
DMCI*'S Picture through his scope was so cool I had to take one today through mine.

Leupold Mark IV LR/ERT 8-25 FF TMR

Here is a pic of a 12" high by 9" wide IPSC style plate at our club at 760 yards

One of Us
Picture of jwp475
posted Hide Post
quote:

I was not impressed

6X16 don't you mean 4X16?
Which reticle does he have? I use the P-4 Fine and it is definately not to thick

A 9mm may expand to a larger diameter, but a 45 ain't going to shrink

Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened.
- Winston Churchill

Posts: 5077 | Location: USA | Registered: 11 March 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
Picture of DMCI*
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ghubert:

I don't suppose we can get them over here though.....

Can you get these scopes on your side of the pond?

There is or at least was a UK dealer for US Optics.

The number of available options has decreased with the death of the founder. One of these was the 80mm objective (except SN-9)and the 40mm tube.

The SN-3 was featured in a James Bond movie about the Korean Renegade.

Special ultra thin reticles are available for long range shooting.

--------------------

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I was not impressed

Which reticle does he have? I use the P-4 Fine and it is definately not to thick

It's my friend's rifle and it probably is the 4-16. I didn't look at it too closely.

The reticle is at least twice as thick at the TMR. I shoot at bullet hole sized targets on the paper at 100 yards. With the TMR which leaves the center intersection open (see my pic above) you can center the bullet hole in the middle. With the S&B's reticle, it completely blotted out the target plus a little more.

One of Us
Picture of jwp475
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

I was not impressed

It's my friend's rifle and it probably is the 4-16. I didn't look at it too closely.

The reticle is at least twice as thick at the TMR. I shoot at bullet hole sized targets on the paper at 100 yards. With the TMR which leaves the center intersection open (see my pic above) you can center the bullet hole in the middle. With the S&B's reticle, it completely blotted out the target plus a little more.

S&B has used so many different reticles that I have no idea which one was in the scope that you shot. My first 5X25 PMll was too fine when the power was turned down for me to see, yet some like that reticle. I sold it and bought the P-4 Fine and love it. Reticle thicknes is certainly a consideration when purchasing a FFP scope

A 9mm may expand to a larger diameter, but a 45 ain't going to shrink

Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened.
- Winston Churchill

Posts: 5077 | Location: USA | Registered: 11 March 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post