THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM LONG RANGE SHOOTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Long Range Shooting    What are you favorite LONG RANGE hunting bullets?
Page 1 2 

Moderators: MS Hitman
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What are you favorite LONG RANGE hunting bullets?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
My gun shop had 300 of the 210's the other day and a bloke with a 30-378 Wby bought the lot......

Posts: 15784 | Location: Australia and Saint Germain en Laye | Registered: 30 December 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My favorite and only long range hunting bullet for the .338 is the 300 grain SMK. I use it in my .338 Edge built by Carlock on a BAT action. There isn't much I wouldn't shoot with that bullet at any range.

In the 7mm STWs I use the 160 Accubond for normal (6 and under) range and the 180 Berger VLD past that. That 180 is evil.

A couple of wrecks with 190 Bergers in the .300 Mag left me going back to hunting bullets in those. Plain old ballistic tips more often than not. 200 grain Accubonds are right up there.

The problem with long range bullet selection is until you get to the extreme ranges where a frangible target bullet comes to the top there are 100 perfectly good opportunities at closer range, many of which are far better suited to a hunting bullet. Dual loading or dual rifles handle that. Reverse stalking does too, on a high rationalization day.

Posts: 1928 | Location: Saskatchewan, Canada | Registered: 30 November 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post