Login/Join

one of us
posted
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/new...iper-US-history.html

I salute this fine SEAL for his work ! salute

Posts: 7636 | Registered: 10 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
my hat's off to the MAN! He has served his and MY country well.

Posts: 4214 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: 09 October 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
'I could hit a target from 1,800 yards, and it would shoot like a laser,' he told Texas Monthly."
Huh? I am sure that the readers of Texas Monthly believed him and ran out and bought 300WMs!
Still, he must be good because:
"But I can stand before God with a clear conscience about doing my job,' he told Texas Monthly."
Wish I could say the same about my life. Still, I am sure that none of the readers of AR have the same doubts that I have.
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10510 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Peter:
'I could hit a target from 1,800 yards, and it would shoot like a laser,' he told Texas Monthly."
Huh? I am sure that the readers of Texas Monthly believed him and ran out and bought 300WMs!
Still, he must be good because:
"But I can stand before God with a clear conscience about doing my job,' he told Texas Monthly."
Wish I could say the same about my life. Still, I am sure that none of the readers of AR have the same doubts that I have.
Peter.

Three Blue-White-Blue-White-Reds ain't nothing to sneeze about.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7570 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I know this reader of AR doesn't have any doubts. A Navy SEAL with four combat tours and even more silver and bronze stars, God bless him.

Posts: 406 | Registered: 17 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
Oh, I don't believe he can nail a guy every time at 1800 yards - that is BS.

But three silver stars?? Wow.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7570 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
buy his book, that is the best thing you can do for this exceptional individual.

Post this link around your regular haunts..."like" it on Facebook, the more we spread the word, the more money he makes.

God bless him, I hope he never regrets what he has done.

Posts: 484 | Location: SLC, UT | Registered: 01 March 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
Picture of Anjin
posted Hide Post
Get the definitive authority, Major (USAR ret.) John L. Plaster's "The Ultimate Sniper" (2nd ed.) which explains why the 300 Winchester Magnum is a better long range cartridge than other, larger ones.

It will tell you way more than you want to know about sniping and is over 560 pages. Needless to say, he was a sniper himself and he has known all the famous Western snipers. His book is incredibly valuable for all kinds of shooting and hunting.

I'd say that Kyle is the real deal without a doubt.

Norman Solberg
International lawyer back in the US after 25 years and, having met a few of the bad guys and governments here and around the world, now focusing on private trusts that protect wealth from them. NRA Life Member for 50 years, NRA Endowment Member from 2014, NRA Patron from 2016.

Posts: 554 | Location: Sandia Mountains, NM | Registered: 05 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Anjin:
Get the definitive authority, Major (USAR ret.) John L. Plaster's "The Ultimate Sniper" (2nd ed.) which explains why the 300 Winchester Magnum is a better long range cartridge than other, larger ones.

It will tell you way more than you want to know about sniping and is over 560 pages. Needless to say, he was a sniper himself and he has known all the famous Western snipers. His book is incredibly valuable for all kinds of shooting and hunting.

I'd say that Kyle is the real deal without a doubt.

I have the book, and have read it cover to cover. Separate the fluff out and it's not a bad book for an absolute beginner.

It's getting dated, though. Plaster should be working on an updated version. A smart man would rely on other sources for 'precision shooting'.

Posts: 5184 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 06 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post