New
Find
Notify
Tools

Filming long range shots
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Meopta spotting scopes have a cool adapter to take pictures with your iPhone. It works for video as well.

I recorded some shots at 820 yards...it is amazing how long it takes the bullet to get there after you hear the discharge of the rifle. Lots of time for the wind to change, the animal to move, etc.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7570 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
Picture of Tyler Kemp
posted Hide Post
I have found the best trace comes from being just slightly offset from the barrel left or right, and not too far above or below the bore either.

Love shooting precision and long range. Big bores too!

Recent college grad, started a company called MK Machining where I'm developing a bullpup rifle chassis system.

Posts: 2598 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 29 March 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
Picture of mdvjrp93
posted Hide Post
Where is the video AW I would like to see that.

1 shot 1 thrill

Posts: 340 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: 14 December 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
PM me and I will email it. It is two different videos.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7570 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've started using a fairly cheap Canon camera which has HD film option (about $500) with a 35 or 45x optical zoom for filming longrage shots.

I find it easier to use than my older camcorder and WAY easier to use than my bloody expensive Zeiss spotter with the digiscoping mount.

Here is an example og film:
FILMING OUT TO 1670m

6,5x55 - The world's most underrated longrange cartridge?

Posts: 6 | Registered: 28 July 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post