Find
Notify
Tools

Pissin' and Moanin' Forum?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of FOOBAR
posted Hide Post
ALL forums are populated by humans...elitists, extremests, wannabees, whocare's, pot stirrers, dreamers and just plain AZZ-WHOLES...you can't get away from it...ain't no different that ANY bar on the night after the SuperBowl.

The main problem is wading through the "stuff" to get useful information...every forum I go to is 1% good information and 99% BS/GARBAGE/I KNOW, BUT YOU'RE SQUAT DOODLY. Most everyone seems to think some kind of negative retort is required before they can to say ANYTHING much less something useful.

I just picked up my Savage 338 Lapua Mag and have been looking for info. I don't NEED any, this isn't my first "long range rifle" and I have plenty of reloading data for it...I've been been shooting several cals from 17 to 50 at ranges from 10' to 5-700 yds, for many years, but I would like to read others experiences with the various rifle brands, the good points and what problems they've had WITHOUT THE CONSTANT BLIZZARD OF BS/NEGATIVITY.

It would be nice to find a forum with members who are "gentlemen" with something valuable to say rather than the mindless machomen that seem to populate most of the forums.

Posts: 1338 | Registered: 19 January 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
Picture of Code4
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1432 | Location: Australia | Registered: 21 March 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
Picture of Sam
posted Hide Post
Foobar,
Congratulations on the new Savage. It looks like a good rifle.

When I posted this there were a couple of threads going here that had degraded into, well pissin' and moanin'. I was trying to get things back on track a little. Sucessful?

A bad day at the range is better than a good day at work.

Posts: 1254 | Location: Norfolk, Va | Registered: 27 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
Despite the fact that NE.com is members only, they are no different from members anywhere else. Why are you guys getting off topic here? This is the PM thread, you should not be talking about guns.
Wink

Posts: 2848 | Registered: 12 August 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
Picture of mdvjrp93
posted Hide Post
Just my opinion. But I think it is up to the shooter to take or not, the shot. It is just as ignorant to make a statement like hunting should be under X amount of yards. Some rounds are traveling 3400fps and some are pushing to make it to 2000fps. The hunter and only the hunter should decide if it is a good shot. I seldom have to track game and I never wonder if I'll miss. If that thought crosses my mind I don't pull the trigger. I will however take a long shot if one presents it self. If we all tried to educate each other rather than making ourselfs look better we would have a lot more fun.

1 shot 1 thrill

Posts: 340 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: 14 December 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
Picture of Sam
posted Hide Post
As I said "I'm not saying that you can't take a longer shot but I think there are too many shooters that think they can hunt out to 600 or 800 yards just because they've read about it in a magazine and don't have the skill needed."

I've met guys that talk about how well they shoot and at 200 yards they can't hit a 7 inch circle with a match rifle then say well if I had this or that I'd hit it everytime.

A bad day at the range is better than a good day at work.

Posts: 1254 | Location: Norfolk, Va | Registered: 27 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post