New
Find
Notify
Tools

Long range rig
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
A few days ago I bought a self made rig based on Wicchita single shot action. It is a full aluminium chassis with screwed on AISC 2.0 sideplates (pistol grip). Basix trigger @200grams. Two barrels. One ultra fat Lothar Walther 20 inch barrel in 6.5x55 ackley improved with compensator. And one very fat Kongsberg match 28 inch barrel in 6.5x47 lapua. Builder has been obsessing about stiffnes/rigidity the whole way through. I topped it with a Vortex Razor HD 5-20x mil mil socope. Total weight is around 16 pounds with a harris bipod. Each barrel has gone around 400 rounds (pretty mild loads).

Payed 1600 dollars for the rifle with ttwo barrels, die set and rounds and about the same for the scope (New).

Does this sound like a competetive setup?

Posts: 446 | Location: Norway | Registered: 11 November 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You won't know until you start shooting it, but it sounds like the builder was pretty intent on maximum accuracy. Plus, if it doesn't shoot, you could sell it to Morten! :-)

Posts: 20084 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You are of course correct. Will find out later today. Lets hope Morten does not read the long range forums Wink

Posts: 446 | Location: Norway | Registered: 11 November 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Shot some random loads. All sub 1/2 inch at 100m. Should be good. Now i need to learn the scope for long range Wink