New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gunwerks LR-1000 7mm LRM
 Login/Join

one of us
posted Hide Post
I have ranged beyond 2000 yards with mine but as cobrad says, the ballistic solution stops at 1400.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7570 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
There is a place I regularly shoot marmots. It is at 12,200'. I have a range card printed from 1400 yards to a mile for this altitude, as I can shoot out to a mile in this spot. I can get the range, and as I shoot from the same spot to the same rock pile a mile away, the card has been accurate... more accurate than me at that range. Big Grin

Posts: 866 | Location: Western CO | Registered: 19 February 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
12,200 feet? At least you don't have to worry about any trees getting in your way.

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
2000 yards.........that's enough tu2

Posts: 15784 | Location: Australia and Saint Germain en Laye | Registered: 30 December 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
Picture of CLL
posted Hide Post
"The perceived problem from the shows is that you buy the rifle and can make the shots. That would not be anywhere near the truth."
I thought this was a great piece of writing.
In my quest to improve as shooter , I keep finding , well that no matter what I buy , I still got a lot of practice to be doing .
I know Im chiming in late , but I was out shooting . Not an excuse but a reason Smiler

I Might Be Tired From Hunting ,
But I Will Never Tire Of Hunting .

Posts: 200 | Location: CA,U.S.A. | Registered: 14 March 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The topic here was about the Gunwerks rifle in 7 LRM (Long Range Magnum ) caliber. Not the G7 instrument.
As I am interested also in that calibre I would appreciate oppinions of it.
Thanks.

Posts: 93 | Location: Santiago, Chile. | Registered: 13 July 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
Picture of Cold Trigger Finger
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Opus1:
I agree with everything you said and that has been my experience too. Lying comfortably on the line and dropping pills in at 800 yards with a known wind is fairly straightforward. Dope the wind, dial the drop and bullets have a way of finding the target after 20 warm up shots.

The bitch of it comes when you are in the field, lasing the target, estimating the wind and spin drift and target speed and trying to do all that in 30 seconds on a cold bore. I really like the idea of a MOA matched range finder and dial. As long as it all works...

Still need good wind data in and need the cold bore shot inside the group. Seems one of your existing rifles would do the job just as well in conjunction with the G7 rangefinder.
Unless there is something I'm missing with this Gunwerks rifle being somehow automatically accurate, .
??? How far distant are the shots on these jackals. Have you tried calling them like a coyote?

Phil Shoemaker : "I went to a .30-06 on a fine old Mauser action. That worked successfully for a few years until a wounded, vindictive brown bear taught me that precise bullet placement is not always possible in thick alders, at spitting distances and when time is measured in split seconds. Lucky to come out of that lesson alive, I decided to look for a more suitable rifle."

Posts: 1934 | Location: Eastern Central Alaska | Registered: 15 July 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post