New
Find
Notify
Tools

Muzzle Brake Recommendation
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I want to add a muzzle brake to a Sendero chambered in 7mm STW. The rifle will be shot using a bipod in prone position so I want to avoid dirt flying after the shot as much as possible. What are your recommendations?
Thanks.

Posts: 115 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: 20 January 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Score High Tactical Muzzle Brake or the Hunting style brake. I have both.

Scorehi.com

Posts: 3427 | Registered: 05 August 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would sugest any side porting muzzle break, as apposed to a Vias style which has holes 360.

I have a rotional ported break on my 338 Lapua two things to avoid are dusty areas and dry grass,dry grass can catch on fire!!! Wink

Regards Runas

War is inevitable, if idiots are in charge of countries

Posts: 162 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 15 March 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
Picture of Tyler Kemp
posted Hide Post
I'd look at a Kirby Allen Painkiller brake, or a SSG one. There's another I believe called a "muscle brake" that was impressive, but I'm not 100% on the name.

Love shooting precision and long range. Big bores too!

Recent college grad, started a company called MK Machining where I'm developing a bullpup rifle chassis system.

Posts: 2598 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 29 March 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
Picture of thecanadian
posted Hide Post
Go to Pasific Tool and Guage and look at their V-Break muzzle break. They work great!

"though the will of the majority is in all cases to prevail, that will to be rightful must be reasonable; that the minority possess their equal rights, which equal law must protect, and to violate would be oppression."

---Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 1085 | Location: Eau Claire, WI | Registered: 20 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Score High Tactical Brake

Score High Hunting Brake

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Vais

BUTCH

C'est Tout Bon
(It is all good)

Posts: 1926 | Location: Lafayette, LA | Registered: 05 October 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Vais

Posts: 10148 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Holland Radial QD brake...without bottom ports.

Posts: 43 | Location: Coastal SC | Registered: 03 December 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Isn't the Vais brake ported all the way around 360?

If so, bad choice.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rcamuglia:
Isn't the Vais brake ported all the way around 360?

If so, bad choice.

They are, and I use them without a problem. But then, I shoot sitting, not prone.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7570 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You'll be shooting in a dust cloud if prone