THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM LONG RANGE SHOOTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Long Range Shooting    Nice wood on this Win. 70 BR in .308

Moderators: MS Hitman
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Nice wood on this Win. 70 BR in .308
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted
Not for me - may be suitable for one of you bench rest guys. single shot - walnut

Life itself is a gift. Live it up if you can.

Posts: 5111 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
That’s actually a repeater for NRA Highpower competition. Note the stripper clip slot in the top of the receiver and the forend rail for a handstop. Very nice stock.

Posts: 276 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: 16 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
Yes. I missed the internal magazine in the description. Thanks for pointing that out.
CB

Posts: 5111 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That's about the best factory wood I've seen in a long long time!

Zeke

Posts: 2270 | Registered: 27 October 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
I won the auction! Custombolt, thanks for the heads up. The stock is by Alex Sitman (the listing said Stedman)of Masterclass stocks. He does beautiful work. It’ll be interesting to see how it shoots. Must be pretty good for the original owner to spend the money for that stock with a factory Winchester barrel.

Posts: 276 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: 16 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
Congratulations JohnD. That stock is beautifully designed. Glad you got it. Let us know what you add for sights or a scope and of course how well it shoots. Glad someone on AR got it.

one of us
posted Hide Post
https://imgur.com/a/0mS9w9r
https://imgur.com/a/q6HACC1

Finally got around to shooting it. I mounted a Warner rear sight and an Anschütz adjustable aperture front sight. Load is 44 grains of IMR4064 with a 175 grain Sierra MatchKing. I got a hundred yard zero yesterday and this morning I was able to try it at 600 yards. Put 16 moa on top of the hundred yard zero and shot the 7. A few more clicks up and right and I’d say it shoots just fine. This is prone with a coat and sling.

The ad stated that the trigger had been adjusted to 1.75 pounds. Got a bit of a surprise yesterday when I closed the bolt on the first shot and it fired. Closing the bolt slowly worked, but I’ll have to work that out. Hopefully it’s just a matter of increasing the pull weight.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well Mr. JohnD, That thing is about as pretty as they come! Congrats on winning the bid on it.

Zeke

Posts: 2270 | Registered: 27 October 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post