New
Find
Notify
Tools

Portable image storage devices
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I'm interested in any suggestions for a portable storage device for images. I had one years ago that was stolen and have not replaced it. I will be taking pictures of a plains game hunt and would like something to back up my pictures. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Posts: 231 | Location: Washington state | Registered: 03 December 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
I think there is either a Seagate or Western Digital portable hard drive with built in battery and a card reader.

You could search for that and see if it meets your requirements.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66954 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What Saeed said - https://www.amazon.com/Element...ords=digital+storage

It's amazing that you can get 4 Terabytes for under $100 today - not that you will ever need that much for picture storage. One Terabyte is more than enough for that and then some.

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The one Opus1 suggests requires a powered USB port. If you are talking about just plugging it into your camera and transferring images to it, then that might not work. Same with backing up the memory card. There are card readers with storage built in, but they are expensive.

Like Saeed said, you want something that will read your memory card and store the images without the need for a PC in between. That could be something like a Sanho HyperDrive ColorSpace UDMA 3 Wireless Storage Device (500GB). They are available from B and H. I have some photographer friends that swear by them when taking pictures in the boonies and want to do a backup.

Larry

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 3942 | Location: Kansas USA | Registered: 04 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very good point Larry. That's why I carry a handful of these in the field -

https://www.amazon.com/SanDisk...-4&keywords=sd+cards

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
l

Thanks everyone for the suggestions; I'll look into these

Posts: 231 | Location: Washington state | Registered: 03 December 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post

Posts: 66954 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
I simply use a dongle that plugs into the lightening connector on my iPhone. Take the memory card out of your camera each night, plug it into the dongle and download the days pictures to the phone. You then have the option to keep the originals on the card or delete them and start over.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13148 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote