New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lenses for D1x
 Login/Join

<DMCI>
posted
Today, I took all my old medium quality lenses for D1x to pro-shop and traded them in for two new NIKON Lenses.

They are the 28-70 AF-S F2.8 and the 18-35 AF-S F2.8. These are great lenses and they also work on my F-5, when I go places where power is not readily available, or I need slides.

After the trade-ins the total cost was about $1000. I also bought new inserts for my Pelican camera cases.

Interestingly this gives me equivelent 35mm functionality from 27mm up to 105mm. Should be adequate until I get a longer telephoto later.

Incidentally, I got a great deal on a 18-70mm. Seems some daddy bought the lense for his "little girl" for a Xmas gift and she brought it back as too heavy. I got the lens for 10% less than the standard street price and with full warranty. Too bad for her! My gain!

[ 01-09-2003, 06:28: Message edited by: DMCI ]

posted Hide Post
Nice lenses. I have a D1X as well. You will probably find that your next lens will be an 80-200mm f/2.8 AFS. This is a killer telephoto and of course on the D1X it will give you 120-300mm. I do a lot of wildlife and sports photography for fun and use the 400mm f/2.8 AFS for longer stuff, but you're not going to enjoy hauling this monster along out in the bush with a monopod for long.

Best Regards,
Doug

Posts: 1 | Location: Manchester, NH, USA | Registered: 12 January 2003Reply With Quote