Find
Notify
Tools

Tanned Hides?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of youngoutdoors
posted
Where do you guys send your hides that you would like to have soft tanned with the hair on? Got a few coyotes and bobcats that I want to keep for wall decoration and don't know where to send 'em.

Thanks and God Bless, Louis

Posts: 1368 | Location: Mountains of North Carolina | Registered: 14 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
moyles mink and tannery.

MOYTOWN.com

375Win

After the first shot the rest are just noise

Posts: 66 | Location: Wetside, WA | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have sent quite a few beaver hides to USA FOXX in Duluth Minnesota and was quite satisfied with what I got back.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I use a local here in Pagosa Springs, CO. He has just opened up a tannery and is doing some outstanding work. I will use him instead of Wildlife Gallery. His prices are comparable but his work is much better. If you are interested, let me know and i wil get his shipping info and phone number for you

Posts: 4214 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: 09 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of kingsalmonak
posted Hide Post
Another vote for Moyle - great work.

one of us
Picture of erict
posted Hide Post
I have had pelts done by Moyle and was quite happy. You may also check out another recommended place that many NY trappers send stuff to - TUBARI, LTD. - they are in NJ.

While there are problems that can develop after hides arrive at the tanners, I'd say that many of the problems are the result of poor skinning/fleshing/drying and/or not shipping them properly. Do your part and you should be happy with your returned pelts.

"Listen more than you speak, and you will hear more stupid things than you say."

Posts: 705 | Location: near Albany, NY | Registered: 06 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by youngoutdoors:
Where do you guys send your hides that you would like to have soft tanned with the hair on? Got a few coyotes and bobcats that I want to keep for wall decoration and don't know where to send 'em.

Thanks and God Bless, Louis

Louis

My taxidermist sent mine to Carolina Fur Dressing in Raleigh North Carollina. They did a great job, plus they are in your home state.

Thanks
Tom

Tom Kessel
Hiland Outfitters, LLC (BG-082)
Hiland, Wyoming
www.hilandoutfitters.com

Posts: 402 | Location: Central Wyoming | Registered: 14 March 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
i do all my owen tanning/mounting best way to roll.

Posts: 2095 | Location: B.C | Registered: 31 January 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I also have had Moyles tan my yotes,They look very nice hanging on the wall.

One of Us
Picture of waterrat
posted Hide Post
Ditto on Moyles,,everything comes back perfect!

I tend to use more than enough gun

Posts: 1409 | Location: lake iliamna alaska | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote