THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FUR HUNTING AND TRAPPING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Fur Hunting And Trapping    Where to get coyote hides tanned in Alberta?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Where to get coyote hides tanned in Alberta?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I have a dozen odd coyote skins near Edmonton Alberta I would like to get tanned.
The local taxidermist said it would cost around $150 per skin, which sounds a bit steep. $50 of that was to be fleshing and finishing and $100 tanning.

Can anyone suggest a better solution?

...I feel sorry for people who don't drink.
When they wake up they know that's as good as they're going to feel all day.

Posts: 2283 | Location: Aussie in Italy | Registered: 20 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That is a bargain if you were in the US.

Posts: 10206 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
dogcat, not wanting to doubt you on what the costs are, but I came to my asumption of $150 per hide being a little steep because you can buy tanned hides on ebay in the USA for $40 - $60.

...I feel sorry for people who don't drink.
When they wake up they know that's as good as they're going to feel all day.

Posts: 2283 | Location: Aussie in Italy | Registered: 20 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
that taxidermist is trying to take ya to the cleaners.....i sell fleshed coyotes pelts for 75-150$ alone just as is if you go to the nafa web site coyote fur sells for alot adv is 71$ with winter prime fur selling for as much as 200$ each. tanning should cost no more than 20$ each and fleshing a coyote is not a hard job maybe 15-20 bucks any more than that and the guys trying to take ya to the cleaners.

i flesh and tann my owen skins its not a expensive nor hard process..but will save you alot of money if its something you do alot of.

Posts: 2095 | Location: B.C | Registered: 31 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Look up western fur tanneries in Edmonton. They're willing to skin out bears paws for a small fees so they might do you're extra stuff too.

One of Us
Picture of McKenzie Outfitters
posted Hide Post
Send them to Halford's in Edmonton if that is where they are located...they charge $60 to custom tan a yote.
1-800-353-7864

Monty McKenzie
McKenzie Outfitters
204-824-2440
info@mckenzieoutfitters.ca
www.mckenzieoutfitters.ca

Posts: 66 | Location: Manitoba Canada | Registered: 11 February 2006Reply With Quote