THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FUR HUNTING AND TRAPPING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Fur Hunting And Trapping    Sierra Club is considering an anti-trapping policy
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sierra Club is considering an anti-trapping policy
 Login/Join

posted
From SCI: "Sierra Club Tries to Build Support For Anti-Trapping Campaign – Sportsmen Need To Voice Opposition

The Sierra Club has established a poll to determine whether it should attempt to ban trapping nationwide. Under the proposal, the Sierra Club would also attempt to ban Conibear and all similar traps, as well as leg hold traps. You have the ability to log in and voice your opposition to these drastic measure. Go to the Sierra Club Website: www.clubhouse.sierraclub.org. About half way down the page you will see: "Seeking Comments on New Trapping Policy" Don't worry, members and non-members are free to use the username and password. Be respectful, and polite -- but let them know that you oppose their plans to oppose trapping! Then log in using the following: Username: clubhouse; Password: explore".

Here is a copy of what I wrote:

There is little empirical evidence to support opposition to trapping as a wildlife management tool. The occasional and incidental take of non-target species, is just that. Of the millions of traps set annually, a mere handful involve non-target wildlife; as for any reported domestic pets that are trapped, the owners of said pets should become responsible pet owners by not allowing their pets to roam the outdoors off-leash.

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Guys and Gals,

Please post your thoughts on the Sierra site. This is very important. My diatribe is up. Please do it with good forethought and reason.

Club Tries to Build Support For Anti-Trapping Campaign – Sportsmen Need To Voice Opposition

The Sierra Club has established a poll to determine whether it should attempt to ban trapping nationwide. Under the proposal, the Sierra Club would also attempt to ban Conibear and all similar traps, as well as leg hold traps. You have the ability to log in and voice your opposition to these drastic measure. Go to the Sierra Club Website:

www.clubhouse.sierraclub.org.

About half way down the page you will see: "Seeking Comments on New Trapping Policy"

Don't worry, members and non-members are free to use the username and password. Be respectful, and polite -- but let them know that you oppose their plans to oppose trapping!

Then log in using the following:

Username: clubhouse; Password: explore.

~Ann

Posts: 19171 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of waterrat
posted Hide Post
I'm working on a decent letter to them now.
Thanks for the heads up!

I tend to use more than enough gun

Posts: 1409 | Location: lake iliamna alaska | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
thumb

I'm still putting your package together!

~Ann

Posts: 19171 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I sent them a note myself this morning. We have alot of issues between trapping and hunting that will arise over the next decade and all sportsmen, hunters and fisherman need to pool our resources.

Doug McMann
www.skinnercreekhunts.com
ph# 250-476-1288
Fax # 250-476-1288
PO Box 27
Tatlayoko Lake, BC
Canada
V0L 1W0
email skinnercreek@telus.net

Posts: 1227 | Location:  | Registered: 21 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
Made my comment, hope it does some good.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MOA TACTICAL
posted Hide Post
I commented as well.

Wow some idiots on there.

Posts: 955 | Location: Until I am back North of 60. | Registered: 07 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I consider myself an environmentalist but I have come to loathe the Sierra Club. About all they do is sue people and interfere with the legitimate activities of a large chunk of the citizenry. My money goes to the Nature Conservance now, at least they do real things.

Never worry about theory as long as the machinery does what it's supposed to do.

Posts: 301 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I guess I got there too late. Comments are closed.

"It ain't lion hunting unless you get stitches." - John in WYO

"It became aquatic, briefly." Ann ~ Aspen Hill Adventures

The bear has to touch you to hurt you. Don’t let the bear touch you.

Posts: 239 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I can flatly guarantee that evrey comment that was made on behalf of the trappers to the sierra club will either be ignored or taken out of context to support their cause.

They are like locusts living off of the govt tit. They have endless resources and and can afford to just wait you out. If you want to preserve trapping, then buy them up while you can. They can make all the laws they want, but enforcing them is another thing.

Back in the 80's, the sierra club decided that in order to stay in business and keep their jobs funded by your taxes, and contributions from the bleeding hearts of the world, that they would champion the cause of the Blunt Nosed Lizard and shut down a long standing motorcycle race from Barstow, CA to Las Vegas.

Eventually they outlasted even the japanese motorcycle manufacturers and the race was closed down, even after many peaceful protests.

If they have set their sights on your trapping rights, its only a matter of time. thumbdown

Posts: 132 | Location: Huntertown,Indiana | Registered: 11 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of youngoutdoors
posted Hide Post
Dang! I guess I missed it. What is the world coming too? We have enough opposition trapping, hunting, and fishing already.

God Bless, Louis

Posts: 1368 | Location: Mountains of North Carolina | Registered: 14 January 2008Reply With Quote