Notify
Tools

Ruger/Marlin 336 .30-30 rifle
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of bisonhunter1
posted
anyone used one of the new ruger built marlin 336 in .30-30? what did you think

Posts: 576 | Location: Post Falls, Idaho | Registered: 03 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Check out this youtube channel; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8Bld1Y07Ak.

This guy does a pretty good review, though to be honest he is a Marlin fan for sure (as I am). They look nice, though I wouldn't trade my 1961 336 SC for one, I would certainly check them out if I was in the market for a new 336.

One of Us
Picture of bisonhunter1
posted Hide Post
thanks for the link, very nice and informative

Posts: 576 | Location: Post Falls, Idaho | Registered: 03 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I believed that Ruger would do justice to these guns and they truly did that. It is good to see that much respected rifle still being made and even better than before. Well done Ruger !

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Are the barrels MicroGroove or No?

Hip

Posts: 1829 | Location: Long Island, New York | Registered: 04 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Always loved the Marlin lever actions, especially the Texan straight grip versions. Hope Ruger introduces this grip style into their version of the 336.

Shoot Safe,
Mike

NRA Endowment Member
www.Marionroad.com
www.mausercentral.net

Posts: 945 | Location: Middle Georgia | Registered: 06 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The straight grips look cool but my M1895 .45=70 whacks my middle finger pretty good and that is the one that I like to salute Joe Biden with! Big Grin

Hip

Posts: 1829 | Location: Long Island, New York | Registered: 04 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm tempted to buy a wood and blue Marlin/Ruger just out of gratitude that Ruger saved Marlin from Remington and extinction.
Plus I'm hearing good things about fit, finish and accuracy.

"Be kind and polite to everyone you meet. But have a plan on how to kill them." From an old Marine.

Posts: 81 | Location: Montana | Registered: 30 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of buckeyeshooter
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Ruger/Marlin 336 .30-30 rifle

My guess is that they will be functionally fine and the ones I have seen have good wood. I think you will be limited in chambering selection and variations. I do not see the special runs that Davidson's or Lipsey's did with
marlin returning.

Posts: 5700 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I trust Ruger their reputation and past efforts are about as good as it gets.
The 77 African, Alaskan, #1 and single shot,SA Auto and DA pistols, to name a few that the public wanted, and no other manufacturer would even think about.. The 77 replaced the pre 64 win for many shooters for sure at a time when it was needed..IN turn they got the attention of the dead heads at Win, colt, and others..rifles, pistols and shotguns!!

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41859 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote