THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM LEVER ACTION RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Lever Action Rifles    Re: Mare's Laig reproduction email reply
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Mare's Laig reproduction email reply
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Who would want to chop a 92 Winchester or a pre 64, 94?Thats just crazy to me.

Posts: 255 | Location: Wurtsboro,NY.USA | Registered: 11 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well, he IS in Kalifornia. - Dan

Posts: 5284 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 05 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of C1PNR
posted Hide Post
This whole concept is, IMHO, nothing short of Heresy.

To take a working, original '92 and cut it up makes my blood boil!

Then he calls them AUTHENTIC? A copy of a made up TV/Movie prop is AUTHENTIC?? Horse pucky!

But, please don't ask me what I REALLY think about all this!

Posts: 312 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 02 January 2003Reply With Quote
<eldeguello>
posted
Basically, there's nothing much wrong with either e-mail, in my opinion! You were making a reasonable suggestion about how he could sell a lower-cost product that less affluent people would be able to purchase, and he was explaining why he didn't want to lower his quality standards! He was a bit uppish toward the end, both in castigating the quality of both Rossi products and M94 Winchesters, and in classifying us lower-income, middle class people as "$1.98 whatevers". I think he got a little carried away toward the end of his missive, but he did reply, which is more than a lot of gunsmiths will do!!

posted Hide Post
I read both letters. Serna is polite. Lanthier is a dick.

<eldeguello>
posted
Quote:

I read both letters. Serna is polite. Lanthier is a dick.

I guess you're right, but some such gunsmiths won't even answer a reasonable inquiry! i guess they're too busy! (Or too illiterate, maybe.....)

one of us
Picture of arkypete
posted Hide Post
This whole 'Dog and Pony' show begs the question of what use is a 'mares leg'? To me it seems like a waste to take a wonderful lever action rifle of any sort and cut it down to 'Mares leg' size.
I could see using the 'mares leg' to thump tires on the big rigs. Maybe use it get the mules attention, but outside of that, not much use.
Yes, I thought Steve McQueen's character in the 60s was sort of silly and I've not found much to recommend the character in the intervening years.
Jim

Posts: 6173 | Location: Richmond, Virginia | Registered: 17 September 2000Reply With Quote