THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM LEVER ACTION RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Lever Action Rifles    I need a little value help please
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I need a little value help please
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
My little brother is in bad shape and ask me to help getting rid of his rifles. He really doesn't shoot, but has a couple.
Uberti lever in 44 mag
Marlin 30-30
Winchester "Commemorative" of some sort unfired and in the box in 38-55
His deer rifle is a Browning Stainless Stalker in 270 and has a brake and a 3x9 Nikon.
About a 100 rounds through the Browning and at most a box of shells through the others and none through the Winchester.
These rifles are not my bailiwick.

papawppc at gmail.com

Posts: 8959 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Several years ago I took the Gun Digest magazine that had ads from individuals nationwide on firearms for sale so one could get a real feel for what the market would bear. Unfortunately, like most other things it worked too well so now it's just ads + articles that I have no interest in. In answer to your question though, it seems that lever rifles are going well right now. I would suggest you just put a price on everything + you will know real fast if you are too high or too low. I have seen Marlin 336's + Uberti's going in the $650.00 range. Commemoratives are in a different ballpark. Theres a good article on them in the latest copy of American Rifleman.Specialty items like that are conducive of others having the same desires as you. Read the article if you get A.R. It will tell you more than I can relate. The Browning is kinda a plain jane, vanilla so even topped w/ a Nikon (good optics) I would post around $800.00 + see what happens. I hope this helps a little.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote

Picture of Mark
posted Hide Post
One thing to do to get an idea is go to gunbroker, you need to register if not, and do a search for your particular rifle under "advanced" and "completed items"

You didn't state what model the Uberti was, s here's an 1873 that sold for $1695:

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/907947789

AS we all know, anything is only worth what someone is willing to pay but at least you can get an idea.

for every hour in front of the computer you should have 3 hours outside

Posts: 7763 | Location: Between 2 rivers, Middle USA | Registered: 19 August 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Actually you have been quite a help.

Posts: 8959 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Try Guns International seems to be a pretty good reference.

Posts: 2173 | Location: NORTHWEST NEW MEXICO, USA | Registered: 05 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by impala#03:
Try Guns International seems to be a pretty good reference.

I just looked at it.
Thanks