Find
Notify
Tools

Henry 45-70
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of slugslinger
posted
I understand that Henry has started shipping the new 45-70. Has anyone seen/touched one and if so, what do you think???

NRA Endowment Life Member
USAF Veteran

Posts: 519 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 09 February 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A friend recently got one of the Henry .30-30's, and the necessity to load through the front of the magazine tube drove us both crazy in short order the first time he brought it to the range. The .45-70 looks to be the same design.

The gun was accurate, had a decent trigger, was fairly well finished and had OK wood. Functioned perfectly. None of that matters...I couldn't stand that idiotic loading setup. It reminded me of my first Cooey .22 when I was a kid, and not in a good way.

Posts: 1028 | Location: Manitoba, Canada | Registered: 01 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
How do the Henry .45-70s compare with the Marlin 1895s in price?

Unless the Henry is much less expensive, I'd pick the Marlin.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would pick the Henry, American made and American owned, where the Marlin is not American owned

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bluemule1:
I would pick the Henry, American made and American owned, where the Marlin is not American owned

bluemule1, I'm afraid you fell for an internet rumor that isn't true. Marlin is made in the USA (Ilion, NY or Mayfield, KY) and is owned by Freedom Group.

"Freedom Group is an American firearms manufacturer holding company which has acquired notable brands such as Bushmaster, DPMS, and Remington Arms."

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I did not fall for an internet rumor, check who owns the freedom group a bunch of foreign investors including George soros

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I did not fall for an internet rumor, check who owns the freedom group a bunch of foreign investors including George soros

George Soros is an American citizen ........

and he's just a shareholder!

Are you also going to boycott Remington, Bushmaster, DPMS, Harrington & Richardson and New England Firearms? They are also subsidiaries of Freedom Group. Roll Eyes

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hmm was I saying boycott no I just said I try to buy American when I can, I was not telling anyone to buy American made. I had a marlin in a 35 rem, 30-30 and a 45-70 I sold them because I wanted to buy American and Henry fit the bill. You can buy what ever you want it is still a free country, for how long nobody knows.

By the way I don't own any of the firearms from the freedom group except the Marlin 44-40

I still have one marlin left if you are interested I will sell it.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hmm was I saying boycott no I just said I try to buy American when I can, I was not telling anyone to buy American made.

Marlin...... American made & American owned!

one of us
Picture of buckeyeshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hmm was I saying boycott no I just said I try to buy American when I can, I was not telling anyone to buy American made. I had a marlin in a 35 rem, 30-30 and a 45-70 I sold them because I wanted to buy American and Henry fit the bill. You can buy what ever you want it is still a free country, for how long nobody knows.

By the way I don't own any of the firearms from the freedom group except the Marlin 44-40

I still have one marlin left if you are interested I will sell it.

What model 1894 is it?

Posts: 5700 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
1894S, blued, never been shot, no box

One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
I am confused by all the hoopla about Henrys; all they did was copy the Marlin action and copied the "Henry" name, while not being anything like the original Henry mechanism. I know, lots of people like them who don't know any better; no hate mail please. American workers are being paid to make Marlins, in the US.

Posts: 17121 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote