New
Find
Notify
Tools

Scope on model 94
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Can you mount a scope on a model 94 with top eject. I am thinking of buying one and was wondering if it was possible.

Greg

one of us
posted Hide Post
coyotecaller,

I have several 94's with 'scopes on them. What I do is turn the 'scope 90 degrees counterclockwise. That gets the left/right adjustment turret out of the road of the ejected case. BUT, YOUR LEFT/RIGHT ADJUSTMENT BECOMES THE UP/DOWN AND THE UP/DOWN ADJUSTMENT BECOMES THE LEFT/RIGHT!!! Gotta mess with it a bit, but it does work O.K. Good-luck...BCB

Posts: 212 | Location: WESTERN PENNSYLVANIA | Registered: 11 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
yote just as the othe post said have mounted several for the swamp rats here, they seem to work fine, you mite also look at the scout scope set up

Posts: 1529 | Location: Tidewater,Virginia | Registered: 12 August 2002Reply With Quote
<Win94>
posted
The scout mount system i believe requires a pistol scope or a scope with the ability of long eye relief as the mount clamps around the barrel far down from the reciever. I have seen it in a few of the American mags but never in the field or at gun shows so not sure how practical it is.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Cyotecaller,
Just in case that the other Posts did'nt make it clear;the scope on a top eject '94 must be offset to the left,and installed with a side mount.
Several mounts are available,and Williams(I think) still makes them.
Frank

Posts: 202 | Location: Newburgh,New York Orange | Registered: 21 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The scout scope idea works the best. A side mount scope is hard to get use to. While I don't care for the looks of a scout scope, it is highly functional and efficient.

Posts: 2889 | Location: Southern OREGON | Registered: 27 May 2003Reply With Quote