THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM LEVER ACTION RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Lever Action Rifles    Re: What cast bullets feed in a Marlin 1894 .44 Mag?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: What cast bullets feed in a Marlin 1894 .44 Mag?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Quote:

Quote:

What is your C.O.L.?

With the LBT bullets it is 1.790".

Today I worked on the gun and found I had mis-read my calipers. Those cartridges are about 1.690".

one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

Okay, so the link didn't work quite like I hoped it would. Anyway, the link takes you to the main page, look at the left hand toolbar, click on the "Tips & Comments" section. Scroll down the page and you'll see a list of past articles. The article you're looking for is "Modifying Marlin 1894's Cartridge Stop" by Marshall Stanton. It's the 33rd article down so you'll have to go a little ways.

Like I said before, hope this helps.

Dutch,
Today I took the Marlin apart and filed that cartridge lifter back just like Marshal Stanton said in his article, and presto !! It now feeds both the Keith bullet and the LBT 280 gr WFNs. Many thanks to you for the tip.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Neal-

Glad to be of help. I have an 1894SS in layaway myself at this time. Glad to know "the fix" works so well. I plan to use a WFN in a similar weight myself with that gun. They say that the "new" guns don't have the feeding problems; but if it does I'll just follow Marshall's directions too.

Take care,

Posts: 47 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: 23 June 2002Reply With Quote