New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Leverguns from Marlin
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Just read my Guns and Ammo.Marlin is producing guide guns in .480 Ruger and .475 Linebaugh.The 1894 cowboy is now chambered in .32 H&R Magnum.

Posts: 415 | Location: Milwaukee WI USA | Registered: 07 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of badgerrr
posted Hide Post
480 in a Carbine!

Wonder what kinda ballistics one gets out of that in such a long tube?

Posts: 107 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 01 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Nice, as far as it goes. 1894's in the hyphenated ORIGINAL calibers would be nice, too--and NOT in the CAS dress-up, just set them up like the mainstream 1894's in 357 and 44 Mag.

Call me antiquated, but 94's in 218 Bee, 25-20, 32-20, 38-40, and 44-40 would be a ton of fun. That there is demand for such critters is obvious when the few CL series rifles that appear for sale go quickly and at pretty decent prices.

Posts: 299 | Location: Yucaipa CA | Registered: 21 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of N. S. Sherlock
posted Hide Post
Lets hope Marlin gets on the stick with projects like AL speaks of and takes a little care with crowns, chambers, headspace, stocks, twists, and etc. Then Marlin could claim and earn the extravagant prices foreign levers are getting here. Marlin ought to know that large parts of the gun owning world wants our "cowboy" guns for example, but quality too. They need to learn what our car industry learned. Amen. ned

Posts: 2374 | Location: Eastern North Carolina | Registered: 27 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Big Bore
posted Hide Post
Now if they would just get off their dead-asses and make one in .50 Alaskan. THAT I would get excited about!

Posts: 641 | Location: Indiana, U.S.A. | Registered: 21 October 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
A-men BigBore. I too, long for an 1895 in 50 AK

Posts: 1723 | Location: wyo | Registered: 03 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Did Guns and Ammo publish any data or expected velocities?

The 480 Ruger would be a nice close range deer popper.

Posts: 179 | Location: Nebraska | Registered: 26 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
No data published.They only listed the new Marlin models for 2004.

Posts: 415 | Location: Milwaukee WI USA | Registered: 07 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Alaska Bush Man
posted Hide Post
Still waiting for a Marlin GG in 50AK?

Posts: 523 | Location: North Pole, Alaska | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With Quote
<Henry McCann>
posted
I would just love to have some of the originals back!!

I love the pistol grip, 24" barrel and 2/3's magazine look of the original 336A. No better looking leverguns, or rifles for that matter, than the Winchester 64 and especially the 71.

Bring back the .356, .307, .375, maybe even the .25-35, .32 Special and offer the .45-70 and .444 in the above model.

I know everyone else loves Marlins/levers with the shortest barrels possible but I love the way 24" and 26" barrel leverguns come to the shoulder and have a slight barrel heavy feel. Longer sight plane for non-scope use and I use my levers for more than thick woods hunting.

[ 12-05-2003, 04:38: Message edited by: Henry McCann ]

one of us
posted Hide Post
Henry,
I'm with you on the longer barrels. Why buy a short barrel gun and then shoot hot loads to get the velocity back that they lost from hacking off their barrels. [Smile] Who knows of a gunsmith that could make me a 375 Alaskan on a Marlin action?
Bryan

Posts: 583 | Location: keene, ky | Registered: 24 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Henry

I am with you 100% on the 24 and 26 inch barrels on the old stuff. You and 7x57 must be a pair of astute and class guys.!!

Tradition, nothing beats tradition.!

Posts: 2889 | Location: Southern OREGON | Registered: 27 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of N. S. Sherlock
posted Hide Post
7x57 Sir: I suggest you check out www.leverguns.com . You will find what you seek. ned

Posts: 2374 | Location: Eastern North Carolina | Registered: 27 August 2003Reply With Quote
<Henry McCann>
posted
Seafire and 7x57,

We are some classy, astute guys!!!! [Big Grin]

Thanks for your posts...Sometimes I feel I'm the only one that isn't completely enamored of short, shorter, and shortest barrels on leverguns.

Don't get me wrong, I like leveractions of all types and flavors but the longer barreled versions steal my heart and wallet. [Wink]

posted Hide Post
........Wow, I had just been debating a Puma M92 in either 480 Ruger or 454 Casuall, a Marlin .475 Linebaugh throws all that right out of the window. Since the 480 Ruger is much like the .38Special is the .357Magnum, I'd like to see this.....

Posts: 10 | Location: South Georgia, Newfoundland | Registered: 03 December 2003Reply With Quote