New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bolt peep on a Win. M64?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
If I find a peep sight for a M64 can it be added to a gun that did not originally come with one?

Thanks, Rob

Posts: 1680 | Location: East Coast | Registered: 06 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RSY
posted Hide Post
Bolt peep???

Isn't the 64 drilled and tapped for Lyman/Williams sights on the left upper rear receiver like most old 94s???

Look for two small plug screws about a half inch apart, in front of the hammer on the left side of the receiver. If they're there, just buy the sight of your choice (Lyman or Williams) for top-eject Winchesters and install.

RSY

Posts: 785 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 01 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
There is a guy who advertises in The Gun List who makes reproduction bolt peep sights for the Model 64, 65 and 71 rifles. I know a fellow who bought one to mount on his Model 71 that has a milled bolt and no sight. It looks good and works.
The ad says that he will mill your bolt and install it on your rifle but gives no particulars. He does not have a web site just a phone number. A bolt peep on a model 64 or 94 would make a unique rifle.

Posts: 36 | Location: San Angelo Texas | Registered: 21 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Get ahold of a gun shop in Fargo ND called FRONTIER AMERICANA, I don't think they have a Web site but you should call infrormation and give them a ring, Their gun guru "Jim" should be able to hook you up with a sight and who can modifie your bolt.

Posts: 62 | Location: MN | Registered: 24 May 2002Reply With Quote