New
Find
Notify
Tools

.500S&W
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
When is Marlin going to chamber one of thier lever guns in that monster 500 S&W?

Posts: 281 | Location: MN | Registered: 27 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Unless they change thier actions or add a new design- never.

Posts: 89 | Location: south central kansas | Registered: 08 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Wild West Guns in Alaska makes a conversion to the .500 S&W. I read somewhere that they do not use a Marlin action. (It sure looks looks like a Marlin.) Why can't the Marlin action be converted? Thanks in advance for any input!

Posts: 258 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 10 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
They are not using a Marlin action they are making their own. I believe that info is on the Wild West Guns web site.

Posts: 1010 | Registered: 03 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
60,000 PSI- bit much for a Marlin.(does the .500 S&W really run that hot?)

Posts: 89 | Location: south central kansas | Registered: 08 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I just don't see the need for a .500 S&W in an 1895 (great round in a handgun however). If Marlin were to do a .50 caliber, I'd suggest an Alaskan.....in a rifle, it'll easily out-perform the .500 Mag and do so at 40,000 CUP.

Lee Martin
www.singleactions.com

Posts: 380 | Location: Arlington, VA | Registered: 24 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bowhuntrrl
posted Hide Post
Quote:

60,000 PSI- bit much for a Marlin.(does the .500 S&W really run that hot?)

Then how can a Puma stand 65,00 PSI in the .454 Casull?? I definitely think a Marlin locks up better than the Rossi 92 action.Maybe Puma will be first to come out with it!!

bowhuntr

Posts: 931 | Location: Somewhere....... | Registered: 07 October 2002Reply With Quote