THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM LEVER ACTION RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Lever Action Rifles    What are stock dimensions of big bore lever rifles?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What are stock dimensions of big bore lever rifles?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
What are the stock dimensions of short tang Winchester M71, Browning M71, USRAC/Winchester M1886 rifle (26-inch barrel, crescent butt plate), and Marlin M1895 XLR rifles?

It's so simple to be wise. Just think of something stupid to say and then don't say it. Sam Levinson

Posts: 1497 | Location: Seeley Lake | Registered: 21 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have found that on a 86 or 71 the drop at the comb is about 1 1/2 X 2 3/4 X 13 1/2- 14"works out real well. lay the action upside down on the bolt with the hammer cocked and the action ring off the edge of hte table and then measure like you would a shot gun. I have found this to work out real well and not be punioshing to the shoter. The 71 comb is way to high and that is why they hurt.

I tend to use more than enough gun.