THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM LEVER ACTION RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Lever Action Rifles    Pac-Nor 1 in 18" twist barrel for 50-110 ??
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pac-Nor 1 in 18" twist barrel for 50-110 ??
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Kev & Others would a Pacnor 1 in 18" twist rate be suitable for the 50-110 for use with starline brass and woodleigh 570 gr Jeffery bullets ??

Or does it really need to be the 1 in 26" twist ??

Also what about a 3 groove barrel as was done for the .600 OK round any advantages ??

Thanks Heaps PC.

Posts: 7505 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
HI,

PC, 1:26 is what MR. clay told me to use and that is what he put on, it is a heavy badger. I just trust what he said to use as I had no clue. I think because the 50-110 is alittle slow than a 500Nitro and 500Jeffery could be a factor in this also. I understand also that the bullet length with heavy bullets would be better stabilized with the 1:26, I am not sure. I have the 1:26 and have not had any problem so far also most levers shoot HC so you want something that will be fine with both,HC and jacketed bullets. Kev

Posts: 1002 | Location: ALASKA, USA | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Kev,

I have e-mailed Pac-Nor to see what they can do for me, Maybe I would like a stainless match grade barrel and have it black chromed like yours if anyone in Aus does this procedure.

one of us
posted Hide Post
HI,

PC, ask them what they would suggest for the twist rate and like I said I would want a heavy barrel. I have heard that Pac-Nor make some fine barrels,Kev

Posts: 1002 | Location: ALASKA, USA | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all your help thus far Kev.