Find
Notify
Tools

sleeping on the couch
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of greghud
posted
well i done it this time, dropped into the lgs today to eat up some time, got to chatting, and out tex pulls a marlin 1895xlr in 45.70. "yea the bloke still hasent come in to get this, it was on order for 4 months and now he wont come in to get it."
so i will admit i have been wanting exactly this gun for a looong time, and after shouldering it and it sits perfectly, it has to come home with me. Cool
"i'll give you a few bucks off" says tex, done.
perfect timing for national buy a gun day, off for a pta in the morning.
ahh the boss still dont know, told her i wouldnt buy another gun
cr@p, now i gotta go buy a scope, dies, cases, projies, primers, powder, ammo box, cleaning gear .................. Big Grin
greg

Posts: 383 | Location: top end oz | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of craven
posted Hide Post
Don't worry about Mama, they get mad they get glad, its only money once you spend it you go make more. Congrats on the gun.
Craven clap

Posts: 139 | Location: Florida | Registered: 09 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Swede44mag
posted Hide Post
I traded for a 1895XLR 45-70 at the gun show you are going to love it. I told my friend it dont have to be fast if it is big to tip a deer over.

Good Luck and let us know how it performs.

Swede

---------------------------------------------------------
NRA Life Member

Posts: 1608 | Location: Central, Kansas | Registered: 15 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a leupold 1X4 VX2 on mine and it is real nice. They also make a lightweight 2.5 fixed power that would go real good on your marlin.
If you would like a couple tips on slicking up the action drop me a PM, its easy to do and it kind of helped me bond with mine.
watching old john wayne movies with my hunting partner I named mine the duke...tj3006

freedom1st

one of us
Picture of byf42
posted Hide Post
congrats buddy!!! Cool clap thumb

*We Band of 45-70er's*

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." -Theodore Roosevelt-

Posts: 497 | Location: Illinois | Registered: 27 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of montycalhoun
posted Hide Post
Better to ask for forgiveness than permission.

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety (1759)

Posts: 110 | Location: Baghdad Iraq, Caldwell Idaho | Registered: 15 November 2007Reply With Quote