THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM LEVER ACTION RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Lever Action Rifles    near noob on levers - I think i want a stainless 30/30
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

near noob on levers - I think i want a stainless 30/30
 Login/Join

Picture of jeffeosso
posted
My interest is usually bolt guns, and on levers, its usually BLR,99, or 71s in 450 alaskan -

I have HUGE hands, and I think I want a stainless 3030 -- i am looking at the 336xlr, which I would cut down to 16.5" and crown, shorten the tube, bed everything to the action, and put a peep sight on it...

a 4 wheeler gun, really,

I would likely do a wwg trigger and loop...

anyone done one like this, a stainless trapper, so to speak

?

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 39682 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here's a thought, check out BLR in Hog Stalker .308 (a bit hard to find, but has short bbl. and is stainless) or the newer BLR in black tactical series.

one of us
Picture of buckeyeshooter
posted Hide Post
Davidson's had a 500 gun special order on the gun you are describing. You might be able to find one on the auction sites. It would be pricy as it was a 'real' Marlin and selling prices on them have really gone up.

Posts: 5713 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of waterrat
posted Hide Post
Big Horn Armory 500,,SS,

Mine is due any day now,,1 1/2yr wait!

I tend to use more than enough gun

Posts: 1414 | Location: lake iliamna alaska | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Fixing the ridiculous tiny lever loops isn't that difficult. Cut and add a piece to and bottom for your needs. Somebody good work a wire welder or tig and you can't tell it was added.

Posts: 123 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 12 February 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 450ak:
Fixing the ridiculous tiny lever loops isn't that difficult. Cut and add a piece to and bottom for your needs. Somebody good will a wire welder or tig and you can't tell it was added.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I wonder why the lever loop on the 500 Smith is large enough to use.......