Notify
Tools

Marlin is being purchased!
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of seafire2
posted
By Remington!!!

Press release on December 26 stated that Marlin will be selling out to Remington...

The Marlin name will be kept out there on the market.. but Remington is now going to own the rights to Marlin...

that of course includes the New England Arms also...

Good news or bad??

only time will tell...

Life Member: The American Vast Right Wing Conspiracy

Jan 20, 2009.. Prisoner in Dumocrat 'Occupied America', Partisan in the 'Save America' Underground

Beavis..... James Beavis..... Of Her Majesty's Secret Service..... Spell Check Division

"Posterity — you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it."
John Quincy Adams

A reporter did a human-interest piece on the Texas Rangers. The reporter recognized the Colt Model 1911 the Ranger was carrying and asked him "Why do you carry a 45?" The Ranger responded, "Because they don't make a 46."

Duhboy....Nuttier than Squirrel Poop...

Posts: 9316 | Location: Between Confusion and Lunacy ( Portland OR & San Francisco CA) | Registered: 12 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Collins
posted Hide Post
Being discussed here...

Collins
Airgunner / 458 SOCOMer/ 45-70er / 458 Lotter

www.actionairgun.com LIVE NOW

Posts: 2327 | Location: The Sunny South! St. Augustine, FL | Registered: 29 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Bore Fan
posted Hide Post
I hope, this is not the end of the great Marlin company. Roll Eyes Especial not the end of the high quality lever actions. In the last years I saw to many companies going out of buisness. Mauser, Winchester, Colt, H&K, Erma, Walther,...... Frowner

Martin

Posts: 824 | Location: Munich, Bavaria, thats near Germany | Registered: 23 November 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Quality will go the way Remington did,After the
Bean counters get ahold of it and start to see
how marlins can be made cheaper. thumbdown

Posts: 714 | Location: CT | Registered: 16 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I wonder if this will end the mfg. of the Model 39? I don't think many are made by Marlin now. I am glad I hung on to mine since bought new in 1979. There's nothing quite like 'em.

Merg

Posts: 351 | Registered: 18 September 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TrapperP
posted Hide Post
Wonder if they still retain the rights to the "L. C. Smith" line and if they (Remington) will have any plans to resurrect the old "Sweet Elsie?" I would love to see them come back!

Lord, give me patience 'cuz if you give me strength I'll need bail money!!
'TrapperP'

Posts: 3742 | Location: Moving on - Again! | Registered: 25 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Marlin isn't exactly a high-qualiy manufacturer. I would imagine that Remington would make things better, not worse. And unless they off-shore the production, I can't see how they could make leverguns cheaper.

Well, at least have an OK day Smiler

Posts: 242 | Location: NW Oregon | Registered: 08 January 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Well, when it's all said and done, you can thank the anti a$$-wipes for this. I guess the gun manufacturers are basically circling the wagons, to try to protect what few guns they can. I can't say if it's good or bad, but you have these people that think they are perfect.
tommy

I like my trophies on my wall and in my belly