THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM LEVER ACTION RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Lever Action Rifles    Anybody tried Starline .348 Win. brass?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anybody tried Starline .348 Win. brass?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Kyler Hamann
posted
I don't know if it's been available at some point, but I see that Starline is listing .348 Win. brass on their website. It shows as out of stock currently, but has anyone tried it in the past?

Generally Starline seems like okay brass to me (for the money) so it might be a great option for the .348. If nothing else we should buy some to support Starline for not forgetting the .348 Win. I'm sure the wildcatters will appreciate another .348 brass option also.

Thanks,
Kyler

I'm so old that I still have some skills even without an internet connection or electricity.

Posts: 2506 | Location: Central Coast of CA | Registered: 10 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of buckeyeshooter
posted Hide Post
I have been using Starline 50 alaskan and 50-110 for years and it has held up very well, not alot of case stretch and no split necks or cracks. the .348 is a variant of the 50-110 case as is the 50 alaskan. So, it ought to work about the same.

Posts: 5704 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of crshelton
posted Hide Post
+1 for Starline .45-90 for hot 300 grain to 450 grain loads.

NRA Life Benefactor Member,
DRSS, DWWC, Whittington
Center,Android Reloading
Ballistics App at
http://www.xplat.net/

Posts: 2294 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 25 May 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I use it in several modern calibers like the 06, 308 and 7x57 and its as good as any brass I have ever used including RWS WW RP and PPU..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41941 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jkingrph
posted Hide Post
I used some to cut down, expand, and fireform to .41 Swiss,centerfire conversion. .41 Swiss or 10.4x38R is a rimfire, meant for the 1869, 71, and 73 Swiss Vetterli rifles.

JJK

Posts: 299 | Location: E. Texas, NE Louisiana | Registered: 10 September 2006Reply With Quote