THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM LEVER ACTION RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Lever Action Rifles    Update on my BLR conversion to .375 Ruger
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Update on my BLR conversion to .375 Ruger
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Couldn't be happier...recoil is much less than expected w/mercury stabilizer installed, also have 2 different Length-of-pulls b/c magnetic recoil pads were added for me & my wife. Shoots 1" groups @ 100 yds w/factory Hornady .270 gr. ammo. Its a stainless takedown, began life as a new .300 Win. PM me for gunsmith details, I mistakenly lost some previous PM's...

One of Us
Picture of mmassey338
posted Hide Post
I'm impressed. I did not know the BLR was strong enough to handle a cartridge that stout. Do you think it could go bigger, or is that the max? I'd love to see a pic or two. Thanks.

Posts: 400 | Location: Here | Registered: 13 December 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That sounds really interesting. I'd love pics as well.

Now you need t ocome over here to hunt with it!

Posts: 224 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 15 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of PoppaW
posted Hide Post
Nice to see custom BLR's. Pics are a must on this one

WOODY
Everyone is allowed an opinion, even if its wrong.

Posts: 419 | Location: Alberta, Canada | Registered: 10 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Another please for pictures!

"Be kind and polite to everyone you meet. But have a plan on how to kill them." From an old Marine.

Posts: 81 | Location: Montana | Registered: 30 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Joester

How does your 375 blr shoot?

MARK

Posts: 367 | Location: Anchor Point, Alaska | Registered: 03 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sorry for the delayed response, just returned from Zimbabwe...The BLR is shooting 1.5" groups consistently with Hornady 270 gr. soft points...I am extremely pleased with it. I 'll see if my wife can help me post some pics as I'm so low-tech...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
sorry for the wait. here's the pics
http://joelippinco357.shutterfly.com/pictures#n_5

One of Us
posted Hide Post
What did you do to get a working magazine and how many rounds does it hold ?
cool piece...tj3006

Posts: 605 | Location: OR | Registered: 28 March 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The rifle began as a .300 Win mag., The original magazine holds the .375 Ruger ammo w/o modification...

one of us
posted Hide Post
Joe

Whats the recoil like?

Mark

Posts: 367 | Location: Anchor Point, Alaska | Registered: 03 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Recoil, with the mercury in the stock, feels a bit more than a standard .375 H&H bolt rifle. My wife, who is five-foot-two, shoots & hunts with it...

one of us
posted Hide Post
Great What all did you shoot with it in Zim?

Posts: 3174 | Location: Warren, PA | Registered: 08 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just as a bit of side information, the BLR platform can be turned into a 458 win mag, get a 300 win mag and re-barrel, just that easy, there are almost limit less conversions as long as the intended cartridges are the same OAL as the 300 win mag. I have a BLR in .358 win and i love it, but i have thought about a conversion to 35 WSM......

Posts: 498 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: 22 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Since your BLR is a takedown can you still use the original 300 Win mag barrel as well?

Posts: 63 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: 11 March 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Hawaiian_Hunter
posted Hide Post
Who did the conversion work?
I know of a fellow in another forum who had his BLR rebarreled to .416 Ruger by Wild West Guns of Anchorage, AK., and he is extremely happy with the results.
http://www.levergunscommunity....3945&hilit=416+ruger

ILLEGITIMUS NON CARBORUNDUM

Posts: 158 | Location: Moku Manu, Hawai'i | Registered: 23 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
I would be interested in who did the the work too. A .458 Win Mag lever action . . . sweet.

Mike

Posts: 21314 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Now that's an interesting project! Does the long action BLR have a much longer lever throw that the short one? Also, do you get a reasonable return-to-zero with the scope on the receiver rather than in the scout position?

Very cool gun!

Posts: 1028 | Location: Manitoba, Canada | Registered: 01 December 2007Reply With Quote