New
Find
Notify
Tools

Eratic ammo here lately??
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have been getting noticeable eratic pressures and every now and then a load that is so low pressure that the brass does'nt seal and I get a puff of gas in the face. I am shooting cheepo stuff but it is name brand cheepo --CCI Blazer, Remington Thunderbolt ETC. Anybody else notice this??

Posts: 68 | Location: Wasilla Alaska | Registered: 09 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 308Sako
posted Hide Post
You are not alone! Quality control is not what it once was, and the majority of shooters are only interested in price... not performance. IMHO

Member NRA, SCI- Life #358 28+ years now!
DRSS, double owner-shooter since 1983, O/U .30-06 Browning Continental set.

Posts: 3611 | Location: LV NV | Registered: 22 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
How much money do you think you "saved" ?
Saeed and his friends punched alot of holes for all of us with the .22 accuracy tests and the results can be used to decide what to buy. For me its CCI LR HP, but I only shoot a S&W K-22.

Posts: 1068 | Location: Mentone, Alabama | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I don't like to admit it, but I have a little problem.
Saeed, with target quality rifles got good consistancy with about anything.
So I bought some cci standard vel. In my 77-22 which doesn't like standard vel in general the cci went quite good at 50 yards, not so good at 75yards, but always with the odd flyer.

Why do we get flyers with cheaper barrels??
Even my usually good cci mini mags hoy the odd one out.
And I've tried Tenex in a Unique which has never shot anything well, and the Tenex went woefull too.

Seems like it's the barrel, or me, rather than the ammo. CRYBABY

Posts: 2355 | Location: Australia | Registered: 14 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
In my case it is always me. Evan Williams can only be blamed every once in a while!

Posts: 1068 | Location: Mentone, Alabama | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With Quote