THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM RIMFIRE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Shooting  Hop To Forums  Rim Fire Rifles & Pistols    Very Strange Fouling Problem With Bolt Action Rifles??

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Very Strange Fouling Problem With Bolt Action Rifles??
 Login/Join

Administrator
posted
WE have a whole stack of 22 rifles here, and we shoot a lot of 22 ammo.

Yesterday I was cleaning two bolt action rifles.

A BRNO CZ 455 XI SUPERMATCH and an ANSCHUTZ 5418 MS R.

Both were cleaned about the same time in the past, and I know for certain that the Anscutz has had a lot more ammo fired through it than the BRNO.

The funny part was that the ANSCHUTZ was a lot cleaner than the BRNO??!!

It had a lot less powder junk on the bolt, and the chamber and feeding areas??!!

Anyone has noticed this about bolt action rifles, than one fouls more than the other??

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67242 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
attention to details and pride in workmanship is always evident

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
We have a Chinese made 22 rifle marketed by UMAREX.

No matter how clean and lubricated it is, it always feels as if you are rubbing two sandpapers together.

Posts: 67242 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Any significant difference in chamber diameter, firing pin channel, or headspace for blowback?

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14416 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
I have not done any measurement on these, and really have no intention of doing so.

My questions why does the Anschutz, which is extremely reliable and extremely accurate, does not exhibit this while other rifle do.

I think the fact that it is held to closer tolerances by be the reason.