New
Find
Notify
Tools

Remington 541S
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted

I finally got the threading done on my toy. The best part is that the can doesn't destroy the balance of the rifle. It's significantly quieter than my .177 RWS 52 or 460.

analog_peninsula
-----------------------

It takes character to withstand the rigors of indolence.

Posts: 1580 | Location: Dallas, Tx | Registered: 02 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just got back from the range and was delighted to discover the rifle shoots lights out with standard velocity CCI 40 grain lead round nose target ammo. This has been the most available subsonic lately, and I've got a reasonable quantity on hand.

I really meant to zero it at 25 yards, but the 25 yard range was full, and I was impatient, so I shot and zeroed at 50. The results were so good that I completely forgot to shoot at 25, so now I'm not quite sure how high the point of impact will be at that range.

There are worse problems. Smiler

analog_peninsula
-----------------------

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congratulations! It's always good to here of someone's success, especially when they've changed their rig!

I myself sight my beloved CZ-452 .22 in for 50 yards. No can, but I can live with that for the time being.

FWIW. According to CCI, with their CCI standard velocity 40 gr round nose, you should be about 0.3 inches high at 25 yards.

Posts: 939 | Location: Grants Pass, OR | Registered: 24 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the CCI link. It's really helpful of CCI to publish the trajectory data.

analog_peninsula
-----------------------