New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sound Suppression
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Have gotten interested is reducing some of the sound from my .22 to keep neighbors from sitting up in bed. I know the responsibilities/legalities, but am concerned over accuracy being compromised. Specifically, will the bullet be affected by the approach and passing of baffles (4) in the suppressor? Would hate to create a nice piece of machinery that is useless. Any practical experience? Range is only 25 yards.

Posts: 1068 | Location: Mentone, Alabama | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A suppressor will have no ill affects, and the subsonic or standard velocity ammo needed with it are usualy more accurate than faster stuff anyway.
good shooting

Posts: 669 | Location: Alberta Canada | Registered: 18 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of claybuster
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2119 | Location: woodbine,md,U.S.A | Registered: 14 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CRUSHER
posted Hide Post
brownells has a 1 in 9 twist bbl for the 10 22 made to stableize the 60 grain aguila sss it works like a champ.

it is far easyer to do the paperwork and buy or build one leagal than to sneak around and do it.

there are two kinds of supressors for your intinded work wipeless that dont touch the bullet and wipe that has a rubber flap that touches the bullet guess which one hurts accuracy

the best plans for these can be found in patent record searches because you get such detailed drawings and best of all they are free

VERITAS ODIUM PARIT

Posts: 1624 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 04 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
A 10-22 I had shot sub-sonics better with the "thing" on.

Posts: 2355 | Location: Australia | Registered: 14 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I just use subsonic 22lr hps for that.If you're inside you won't hear it !

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks! I'm good to go.

Posts: 1068 | Location: Mentone, Alabama | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With Quote