THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM RIMFIRE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Shooting  Hop To Forums  Rim Fire Rifles & Pistols    I found a Winchester model 69 A awesome gun

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I found a Winchester model 69 A awesome gun
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I was crusing the pawn shops and found a few old 22s .I wanted another 10-22 Ruger and saw a few old 22s .There was a Remington bolt action single shot and a Winchester 69 A in very good shape.I got it for $100.I was suprised how high they were on the internet and they were only made 4 years .I really like how well its made and the fit.I do want to find another clip or two just in case.I cant wait to shoot this thing.

Posts: 2534 | Registered: 21 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of claybuster
posted Hide Post
Good luck!!Took me 8 yrs to find a replacement bolt handle,sights[peep],and original clip,the rifle it'self is a sweet ride!!Love mine!!,,enjoy,,Clay

Posts: 2119 | Location: woodbine,md,U.S.A | Registered: 14 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I bought one used in 1961 and still have it. Payed $25 including a 4X Weaver scope.

It shouldn't be too hard to pick up a clip at a gun show or on Ebay.

Try some different brands of ammo and see what works best.

Posts: 291 | Location: Gettysburg, PA | Registered: 03 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Brownell's sells a quality mag with a W stamped on the bottom. I use (in a mod. 52) Brownell's mag when hunting and leave the original at home. The model 52, 75 and 69 take the same magazine.

Congrats on your 69!

Posts: 192 | Location: Anchorage, Ak | Registered: 16 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a collection essays published in England in the late 1930's and one of them bemoans the fact that British gunmakers can't make a rifle that shoots as accurately as the 69 for an affordable price. The writer was very high on it.
I've owned several and usually traded them. I like the Remington 500 series better. Just my preference.

Anything Worth Doing Is Worth Overdoing.

Posts: 1275 | Location: Fla | Registered: 16 March 2001Reply With Quote