Find
Notify
Tools

Ruger 10/22 TD Lite
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
tu2 tu2 tu2

I have never had much luck with Ruger 10/22's in fact they make poor grouse guns because they do not always group tight enough for head shots.

This lovely full stock is useless with piss poor accuracy
ok for body shots and messing up good meat but head shots not so much

Now for the surprise !
I bought this because it was cute and to my surprise ! The Ruger 10/22 take down Lite

Administrator
posted Hide Post
That is fantastic group, especially with Stinger!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67080 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Saeed tu2 tu2
This no Anshutz or Sako Quad Range.... its a silly little take down from Ruger comes in a black carry bag with extra stock inserts.

I shot it for the first time this afternoon and its amazing !

Also very very pleased with the Nikon P-22 scope. In fact i'm now thinking of picking up a few more

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Alf: Is the Nikon scope the discontinued P-22 or the current Nikon Rimfire? What power? Thanks.
Take the whole trigger group out and send it to Brimstone Gunsmithing for their Tier 3 work. I got mine back in a week. 2.5 lb. break with no over travel for $38. I bet if you fire lap that barrel with 25 rounds it will shoot even tighter groups.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Grouping stingers is a very rare anomaly!

I have had excellent accuracy out of many 10/22s, like all rimfires you just gotta find the ammo your particular rifle likes.......

Posts: 41790 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Dulltool17
posted Hide Post
Small/light versions of the 10/22 are generally finicky about ammo and, even then, not 1 MOA.

Mine has a bull barrel and will shoot 1 MOA all day with std velocity ammo.

You have a shooter there!

Doug Wilhelmi
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7503 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 15 October 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Alf: Could you please measure the diameter of the barrel tenon with a mic or caliper? The stock Ruger barrels are 0.494" diameter. Some custom barrels are as much as .498". I am wondering if a tight barrel fit is contributing to your accuracy. If you have a tight barrel fit there are some precautions to be taken.

one of us
posted Hide Post
tu2