THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM RIMFIRE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Shooting  Hop To Forums  Rim Fire Rifles & Pistols    Please help with scope choice for Ruger 77/22

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Please help with scope choice for Ruger 77/22
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have a great 77/22 that came with a Tasco scope. It is not clear to my eye. What would you recommend for a scope choice? I am well versed in scopes for big bores - my favorite is the Leupold VX III in 3.5x10x40 for my big guns.

We have super range in my town and most of the time, I shoot silhouettes at 25 to 100 yds with it but will shoot ground squirrels and feral cats with it as well.

Thanks

Posts: 10169 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Weaver Rimfire Scope. Clear optics, low price and parallax adjusted for the .22rf. You'll shoot better with the likes of that than a "big bore scope".

If yuro'e corseseyd and dsyelixc can you siltl raed oaky?

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It's been a while but I chose a CZ452 instead of the 77/22 and installed a Leupold RF Special 4x on it. The combination has worked very nicely, but I rarely use a 22 LR beyond 50 yards. These days there seem to be a variety of choices when shopping for a rimfire/airgun scope in the $150-300 range. If a shooter was going to play alot at 100 yards or beyond then an adjustable objective is probably a good idea.

one of us
posted Hide Post
The Leupold 3-9EFR is great for a rimfire gun...it won't "overpower" the nice ruger and will focus/adjust from 10yds out and is light and clear.........good luck and good shooting!!

bigdaddytacp

Posts: 687 | Location: Jackson/Tenn/Madison | Registered: 07 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I had a Leupold Rimfire model in 4X on my 77-22 but have since replaced it with a 2X7 that I adjusted the parallax to 35 yds. Great squirrel rifle for the open pecan bottoms around here.

An old pilot, not a bold pilot, aka "the pig murdering fool"

One of Us
posted Hide Post
For your Ruger 77/22; I'd recommend either a Weaver 2-7 power or Leupold Rimfire scopes. I have a Weaver Rimfire 4-power scope on my CZ M-452 "AMERICAN CLASSIC", which is the right size and works & looks great.

David

Posts: 332 | Location: Backwoods Of Kentucky | Registered: 18 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
I have Leupold on my Kimber, but on my other .22s I use the Simmons Pro Hunter 4 x 12 AO Matte. Always work and very reaonsble. To me putting a high end and expensive scope on a rifle with minimum recoil and minimum range would be like putting a Rolls Royce engine in a chevrolet.
thumb

"When you play, play hard; when you work, don't play at all."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just replaced a cheap Bushnell with a Leupold 2x7 RF special on mine. Wow, what a difference! So much crisper & an overall nicer look. And I found these scopes for $199 at Bearbasin.com.

Too much is just right!

one of us
posted Hide Post
My 22/77 K-Hornet (same basic action) wears a Leupold Compact 3-9. You can't go wrong with the Leupold Compact line in 4, 2-7, or 3-9 -- just pick your choice of magnifications.

Posts: 13235 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote