New
Find
Notify
Tools

French made rifle Unique
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
One of the shooters at our local match showed up with a bolt action rifle made in France marked Unique .

The rifle was styled similar to a Walther, sporter Monte Carlo stock with stippling , threaded muzzle maybe a 21in barrel, trigger was adjustable while in the stock . The owner said he imported it from France in the mid 1980's.

I was able to shoot the rifle twice it had great balance and a good feel . Without a pic I know its tough but does anyone know any more about these rifles?? I was real impressed with it .

One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
The factory that made the Unique brand rifles and pistols shut down in 2001. A small shop called F.M.R. located just north of Paris bought the name and some of the existing parts stock. They make some bolt action rifles for target use, mostly in centerfire calibers. They made a lot of models between 1923 and 2001, but you don't mention which one you looked at.

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Wink, what about the Unique line of target pistols, like the DES shown?
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10510 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes I owned one many years ago, they were a hit and miss in the accuracy department, some shot well some didn't like the one I had.
Had a well known rimefire smith look at it, tried bedding etc, turned out the bore was over size, the dealer I got it from tried to get it return to the wholesaler for replacement, long story but we gave up,,,,
Ohh forgat to mention it was the TSM model if I remember..

Posts: 147 | Location: Victoria Australia | Registered: 08 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
Here's a link to their web site.

http://www.unique-fmr.com/

I don't think the pistols are made any longer. But you might be able to get some parts from them.

http://aime-cabrol.chez-alice....ement/Bienvenue.html

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote