New
Find
Notify
Tools

ammo pricing
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
i have a post up in reloading about getting sticker shock looking at factory ammo prices today. Just had another thought. The 17 HMR and the 17 H2 - they both shoot the same bullet, essentially the only differance is a mighty small amount of brass in the case length and a pinch of powder. SO at a gunshow this weekend when I looked at both the HMR was running 9-10 a box and the H2 was running a 4-5. Explain that one to me please???????????

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tyler Kemp
posted Hide Post
The HM2 was designed to compete with the 22 LR while the HMR was designed to compete with the 22 WMR. Not a good reason for double the price, but that's all I can think of.

Love shooting precision and long range. Big bores too!

Recent college grad, started a company called MK Machining where I'm developing a bullpup rifle chassis system.

Posts: 2598 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 29 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 308Sako
posted Hide Post
Coprorate America has learned from Congressional America that the American people are the greatest bunch of deaf dumb and blind a__holes the world has ever known. The Greatest generation begat the stupidest generation which has begun to begat something below whale dung.

Member NRA, SCI- Life #358 28+ years now!
DRSS, double owner-shooter since 1983, O/U .30-06 Browning Continental set.

Posts: 3611 | Location: LV NV | Registered: 22 October 2002Reply With Quote