Find
Notify
Tools

Bolt action 22LR
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of yukoncat
posted
Bolt action, clip fed, carbon barrel, 22 LR chambering.

Can someone tell me if such a combination is made?

Posts: 67 | Location: TAZLINA, AK | Registered: 20 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of yukoncat
posted Hide Post
I forgot to mention "RIFLE"

Posts: 67 | Location: TAZLINA, AK | Registered: 20 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
CZ 452 or CZ 455 are my choices for quality, function and value.

Jerry Liles

Posts: 531 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: 01 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm presuming you meant carbon steel barrel as opposed to stainless steel. If you are looking for carbon fiber wrapped barrel that is going to be a problem.

Jerry Liles

Posts: 531 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: 01 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I got the CZ 455 and have the option of making it a .17hmr if need be. It was a very good buy at $399 if memory serves
The all steel walnut stocked gun does come with a plastic clip but it's not a bad thing.
It shoots as good as it looks

Posts: 2663 | Location: Lone Star State | Registered: 12 November 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Evan K.
posted Hide Post
If you mean carbon fiber wrapped barrel, I believe they are made for Ruger 77/22s: https://www.volquartsen.com/pr...-carbon-fiber-sleeve

Otherwise for something more traditional I agree with Jerry... I like my CZ 452 a lot.

"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy."

Posts: 775 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 05 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of yukoncat
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the quality input.

I have never owned any CZ's, but it certainly looks nice.

Have you gentlemen found them to be accurate?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have never owned any CZ's, but it certainly looks nice.

To do better, you'll have to spend A LOT more money.

LWD

Posts: 2104 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: 16 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The CZ has a reputation providing excellent accuracy, but the backward operating safety scares the bejeezus out of me, especially in the type of casual hands which sometimes shoot a rimfire.

A friend has a CZ 527 in .223 he hunts prairie dogs with, and I own a BRNO ZKW 465, which is the forerunner of the CZ. Both have the backward safety. We make a practice of NEVER using the safeties on these guns, but rather keep the bolt handle up until actually aiming at something.

After enough lawsuits Remington finally relented and fixed their trigger problem. I'm surprised that CZ hasn't fixed their safety.

Posts: 13239 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If I recall correctly, that reversed safety has been used on the Stevens 416 and I think on the Savage Model 19, both of which are long out of production but turn up from time to time, particularly as old club rifles. The 416s also appear under the Ranger brand name.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Another vote for the CZ 452. Got a little full stock version, nice wood, good sights, smooth feeding, pretty decent trigger. Very accurate, likes the Federal 525 in a brick ammo. If you could track down a 453 American, that would get you a set trigger and a regular stock.
My 452 came with a plastic clip as well. 5 and 10 round steel clips are available from CZ.

Posts: 806 | Location: Ketchikan, Alaska | Registered: 24 April 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Evan K.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Muttly:
Another vote for the CZ 452. Got a little full stock version, nice wood, good sights, smooth feeding, pretty decent trigger. Very accurate, likes the Federal 525 in a brick ammo. If you could track down a 453 American, that would get you a set trigger and a regular stock.
My 452 came with a plastic clip as well. 5 and 10 round steel clips are available from CZ.

Likewise I like my 452 Full Stock...

Hard to beat that rifle for the >$500 price tag... I got mine for $450 NIB last year.

"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy."

Posts: 775 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 05 September 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Anschutz makes very good bolt action 22 rim fire rifles.

But, the CZ 452 is by far the cheapest quality rifle one can get.

Kimber used to make excellent bolt action rifles for the 22 rim fire.

But, I am not very impressed wit their latest offerings.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67079 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have the 452 in .17hmr and it is a tack driver.

Posts: 477 | Location: western arkansas | Registered: 11 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Consider the NULA 22 if you have the means. With the Jewell trigger it is superb. Mine will outshoot my 54 action Anschutz but we are talking 1/10's of an inch difference.

Posts: 283 | Location: SW Oregon | Registered: 12 June 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Don't forget Cooper Model 57-M.
I have the Kimber 82, and it is probably the most accurate rifle that I own.

Posts: 13 | Location: NJ | Registered: 03 March 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Remington40x:
If I recall correctly, that reversed safety has been used on the Stevens 416 and I think on the Savage Model 19, both of which are long out of production but turn up from time to time, particularly as old club rifles. The 416s also appear under the Ranger brand name.

Not to mention marlin bolt action 22s

Posts: 19399 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The browning t-bolts are looking good also-

Posts: 6725 | Location: central Texas | Registered: 05 August 2010Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
There are quite a few rifles that meet your requirements. How much do you want to spend and what is the purpose of this rifle?

Posts: 15 | Location: Ca | Registered: 03 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of yukoncat
posted Hide Post
I primarily was looking for an accurate light weight 22LR rifle, but I do not care for the automatics. Don't mind spending whatever it takes, provided I'm convinced I'm getting what I pay for in quality and dependability.

one of us
Picture of Pa.Frank
posted Hide Post
Personally I prefer a heavier rifle,so i have a CZ 452 American Varmint... Very accurate after you replace the trigger. Factory trigger sucked.

NRA Benefactor.

Life is tough... It's even tougher when you're stupid... John Wayne

Posts: 1964 | Location: The Three Lower Counties (Delaware USA) | Registered: 13 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Anschutz are good. Even the old Remington target masters if you put a bull barrel on them work great. Really lots of choices. What will it be used for? Budget? I still have Kimbers but have to clear my current backlog first. In fact I have a dozen different 22s of one make or another. Purpose and money does really matter here. It is hard to figure the best choices for you without that. There is also Mossberg and a bunch of others I cant remember out there. PM me what you are looking for and I will see if I have something that fits your needs.

anyone have a good source for bolts and or triggers for the Anschutz 22 rifles?

Happiness is a warm gun

Posts: 4106 | Location: USA | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
remington 541 sporter and 541 t veeerry good!

No matter where you go or what you do there you are! Yes tis true and tis pity but pity tis, tis true.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
There was a Rem 541T in the classifieds/arbay not long ago.

Posts: 1991 | Location: Sinton, TX | Registered: 16 June 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of z1r
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by timg953:
I have the 452 in .17hmr and it is a tack driver.

Mine is too. I also own 3 cz452's in .22 LR. Three are the trainer model which I like because of the excellent sights and the longer barrel adds a little heft and balances superbly making offhand shots very easy.

Aut vincere aut mori

Posts: 4860 | Location: Lakewood, CO | Registered: 07 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am partial to the older Remington and Winchester bolt guns. I have found them to be darn accurate and of machined steel and wood. My favorite is this M34 Remington NRA with factory Lyman receiver sight. It will throw Aguila Match into little bitty groups.

Posts: 1575 | Location: Either far north Idaho or Hill Country Texas depending upon the weather | Registered: 26 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
JUST AN FYI: I realize this is an old thread.. However, the " OP's, requested info on a " Bolt Action Rifle , Clip Fed , Carbon Barrel ".

I've been recently doing a bit of research & came across the below info:

PWS T3 Summit Rifle ; 10-22 Receiver / Carbon Fiber Barrel ; Modified with a Toggle Bolt Action, similar to a Biathlon Rifle.
http://primaryweapons.com/firearms/t3/#.VLuxzcbMSUs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bsa4bwIOq7w

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fup_tmy134

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sb77_nt1hRw

Posts: 432 | Location: California | Registered: 01 August 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of yukoncat
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the input.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just an additional " FYI ". I came across a new Rimfire website.

Rimfire Research & Development.
http://www.rrdvegas.com/

Checkout the Test Equipment:
There will be a future field Test / Review of the " PWS T3 Summit Rifle ".

Posts: 432 | Location: California | Registered: 01 August 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Coopers are another alternative, but spendy.

NRA Patron member

Posts: 2638 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 08 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
semi-auto volquartson. not a bolt but supposed to be verry accurate, uses 10-22 magazine.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
Go with either a BRNO or one of the Anschutz rifles.

They are all very reliable, very accurate and very light to carry.

Avoid any rifle that has any silly additions.

A case in point is Kimber with their adjustable firing pin.

I have no idea what it is for, and every now and then we have to adjust it because it causes misfires.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67079 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
ummmmmmmmmmmmmm, just look for a Model 52 sporter.
Still the number one choice.

I's still shopping for a clean one with a rough stock to have someone like Jim Kobe redo with a knock your eyes out piece of Walnut from Chris Trees 1000+ blank stash.

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote