New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig Mosquito
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Anyone have one? Likes or dislikes? How are they for feeding and ejction? Accuracy?
They seem like a nice plinker to toss in the ATV.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6611 | Location: Moving back to Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of holzauge
posted Hide Post
I admired one at a gun shop last weekend myself. I hope some folks with experience with the Mosquito will respond.

Sei wach!

Posts: 621 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: 06 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I can only relay that the gun store I deal with for 30yrs has a employee that is a rimfire lover and loves Sig big guns......he was disappointed in the accuracy and fuction..the fuction got better after tweaking but accuracy wasn't up to Sig standards....he is hard to please personally but realistic in standards for gun price/quality and type....they advised to wait for factory upgrade 2nd version....IF one shows up.....again second hand but experienced opinion that hasn"t been wrong often....hth..good luck and good shooting!!

bigdaddytacp

Posts: 687 | Location: Jackson/Tenn/Madison | Registered: 07 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
was looking at one last weekend at the gun shop i deal with. Talked to an employee who has one loves it except he says it is very sensitive on the ammo it uses.
still looks like a good piece.

Good shooting to all and to all a good shot.

Posts: 79 | Location: Maine | Registered: 16 November 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of TEANCUM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bigdaddytacp:
I can only relay that the gun store I deal with for 30yrs has a employee that is a rimfire lover and loves Sig big guns......he was disappointed in the accuracy and fuction..the fuction got better after tweaking but accuracy wasn't up to Sig standards....he is hard to please personally but realistic in standards for gun price/quality and type....they advised to wait for factory upgrade 2nd version....IF one shows up.....again second hand but experienced opinion that hasn"t been wrong often....hth..good luck and good shooting!!

I've heard the same thing from a couple of gun shop owners about the MOsquito. The Sig name is an attraction but on some of the other boards you will find some dissing of this shooter. Too bad as the hope was that it would be as great as the centerfires.

Posts: 1788 | Location: IDAHO | Registered: 12 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm hearing the same thing. Very fussy in terms of ammo. Likes the expensive high velocity stuff. Keep in mind this is the first model. Needs refinement.

Stick with a Mark III for now

Posts: 173 | Location: Michigan, USA | Registered: 25 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
There is no reason SIG would need refine anything as simple as a blow back operated .22. They have enough experience they should get it right the first time. That is what engineers are paid to do.

Posts: 9207 | Registered: 22 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 300H&H
posted Hide Post
I'll repeat previous posts,

I was interested in one as well for price point and name, but the shop said they've had more come back in with complaints than all other 22s.

Posts: 672 | Location: St. Paul MN | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of K9 Bandit
posted Hide Post
Mine is fine. I discarded my Walther P 22, really a POS and my Mosquito runs like a swiss sewing machine.

"capturing bin Laden is not a top priority use of American resources"
Bush, September 06

"Those weapons of mass destruction have got to be here somewhere."
"Maybe under here?"
Bush, March 04

Posts: 1025 | Location: Jacksonville | Registered: 15 July 2008Reply With Quote