Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruger .17 HMR semi-auto
 Login/Join

posted
I was just looking through the new Ruger 2004 product catalog, and spotted a new semi-auto in .17 HMR. I knew that in 2003 Ruger made a lever and bolt action .17, and i heard good things about them. I have a 10/22 and absolutly love it. I am concidering about buying one. I was wondering if anyone has had a chance to shoot one? If so i would love to here about it!!

Thanks_-_-_-_-_YoungHunter21_-_-_-_-_-

Posts: 9 | Location: Nebraska | Registered: 10 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
YoungHunter21,

I sure as hell hope someone buys one soon and gets back to you on this. I can't wait to get one.
I thought of buying a 22mag. and doing the conversion but I figured it would be a money pit and still have something half assed.
I figure, if the word is good on this new ruger, I will buy one and dump money into it instead.

Daryl

Posts: 536 | Location: Whitehorse, Yukon | Registered: 28 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TrackersNZ
posted Hide Post
Did these ever hit the shelves?

...."At some point in every man's life he should own a Sako rifle and a John Deere tractor....it just doesn't get any better...."

Posts: 630 | Location: Hawera, Taranaki, New Zealand | Registered: 17 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i don't believe it exists. I finally went out and got a t/c in the mach 2. never saw any in the mach 2 before, but in the t/c when the blackbirds are flocking and migrating and a few hundred at a time land in the trees in my woods, well it sure makes a hellovalot of black feathers quick. now i see the use in the mach 2

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Kyler Hamann
posted Hide Post
Ruger's a great company and I hope they're around forever but they sure don't seem to be able to follow up their media hype on new products. I'm still waiting for the Gold Labels to hit the market in numbers. That's been 4 or 5 years now... maybe they aren't even offered anymore.

Kyler

Posts: 2504 | Location: Central Coast of CA | Registered: 10 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
too bad ruger never followed thru. Apparently the Rem 597 seems to have issues, according to the forums. Seems the VQ is the only choice in an autoloader and the entry fee is a bit stiff. Hope someone can make it work

Posts: 373 | Location: Atlanta.GA | Registered: 07 December 2006Reply With Quote