New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lifelong Dream Fullfilled
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Yesterday I fullfilled a long time desire.
I bought a Browning 22 semi-auto.
The John Browning designed takedown, grade one.
I have wanted one of these for as long as I can remember. So as a retirement present to my self I bought it yesterday along with a Sauer 12x12x30-06 Drilling [just like the one I got for my wife several years ago]
So I plan to take them to the deer lease this weekend and stalk a turkey or two with first on then the other.
Plus I just love to walk around and "plink". This new 22 will get lots of field time for sure.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 308Sako
posted Hide Post
N E 450 No 2,

Congratulations on the wise choices. I too love that little Browning. They are an awesome walk around plinker, and quite fast to reload should you want to. Enjoy the new ay of life that should have come sooner...

cheers

Member NRA, SCI- Life #358 28+ years now!
DRSS, double owner-shooter since 1983, O/U .30-06 Browning Continental set.

Posts: 3611 | Location: LV NV | Registered: 22 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
One of the first .22 s I ever fired. It was the original "slim" model.

The A.H. (and I don't mean "After Hours" )government here put them all through the masher.
New, used, engraved, heirloom, everything.

So it's not only hoons that can be vandals. Heck, our "boss man" even looks like a monkey.

Posts: 2355 | Location: Australia | Registered: 14 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good for you N E 450 no2! I'm sure you'll make lots of memories with them, few guns funner than a well made .22.

I had one of the Browning Auto's when Iwas a boy, bought it ith money earned from my paper route, I think it took most of my wages for 2 months (forever for a boy), it was a great .22 and I killed a pile of Blue Grouse with it. That 22 was part of my first gun deal that went sour......still hurts almost 20 years later!

-Ron

Posts: 192 | Location: Anchorage, Ak | Registered: 16 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Old Elk Hunter
posted Hide Post
If you wear a long sleeve shirt while shooting the
Browning beware of the tendency of the bottom
ejected brass to go down your sleeve. Warm brass
against your skin can be a surprise.

RELOAD - ITS FUN!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Can I mention a Bren here re the hot cases?

A Browning slide action was a nice piece of work too.

Posts: 2355 | Location: Australia | Registered: 14 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ah, the hot case down the shirt trick--brings back memories of the rifle range when I was still on active duty. It was a medical unit so we had lots of women in the unit. You should see how fast they shuck their tops when a piece of hot 5.56mm brass lands in their "holdzemfromfloppin"
Big Grin

An old pilot, not a bold pilot, aka "the pig murdering fool"

One of Us
Picture of K9 Bandit
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

"capturing bin Laden is not a top priority use of American resources"
Bush, September 06

"Those weapons of mass destruction have got to be here somewhere."
"Maybe under here?"
Bush, March 04

Posts: 1025 | Location: Jacksonville | Registered: 15 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The little browning was my first gun. My dad bought it for me in 1950 when I was 2. I can't even think of how many rds. it has had thru it. As a teenager I would shoot a brick a week at the garbage dump killing rats and campbells soup caans. we would throw the cans along the ground and see how many of the 11 we could put in the can before it stopped. I still have it and I need to shoot it more. I like 22's.

Posts: 305 | Location: on the praire and liken it | Registered: 21 April 2006Reply With Quote