Tools

Walther KK 200 Match Rifle
 Login/Join

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RIP:
Lapua Midas L wins again.
Pretty consistent, two different rifles.
This should be the ammo that works best in Walter's stray-cat-silencing-croc-feeding rifle.
That is a "theory" of mine that should be simple enough for Walter to understand.

Another "theory" of mine is that Saeed will shoot smaller groups than Walter, with the Lapua Midas L using Walter's rifle.

How about a shoot-off between Walter and Saeed, using Walter's rifle and Lapua Midas L?

We have a little secret, walter and I.

He was part of the German Olympic Skeet Team, because he was so good at skeet.

I was the American Trap champion.

So every time we used to go skeet shooting, we would have a friendly wager on who will beat the other at skeet.

In all the years we have shot, he has NEVER beaten me.

He complains I stand wrong, I hold the shotgun wrong, and I pull the trigger with the wrong finger - I use my middle finger to shoot with!

But, I still win.

We also have some rifle shooting contests here with a scoped 308 Winchester rifle in our shooting range.

The rules are you shoot standing, off hand, at a bullseye target that has concentric rings for score.

Walter almost ALWAYS beats me.

In the field, he cannot hit anything!

Go figure this one out!

Walter can't!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67227 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Saeed,

You are saying that Walter shoots offhand rifle paper targets better than you, but Walter "dictates" kongoni or misses completely on safari?

That is the funniest thing I have ever heard!
animal
You are really straining to be funny now, Saeed.
rotflmo

What about a little benchrest competition between you two?

Walter wants to shoot for the record, you say.
Please let him do so, and show us his groups compared to yours.

To keep it simple, just use the Lapua Midas L ammo for five 5-shot groups, 25 shots each, from the same box of ammo, in the same rifle, Walter's rifle, at 100 yards, so as to increase the dispersion and resolving power between you two.

Who is best? Walter or Saeed? jumping

Posts: 28032 | Location: KY | Registered: 09 December 2001Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
The day Walter beats me at bench rest shooting will be the last day I fire a shot!

Years ago we used to go to the municipal rubbish dump. There were so many sea guls there we enjoyed shoting them while flying - using rifles.

My favourite caliber was the 220 Swift.

I cannot remember how many times we went there, but we would spend most of the afternoon shooting these guls.

Walter never, ever managed to kill one, despite him firing leterally 100s of rounds.

Eventually he gave up. and just enjoyed looking through the scope at the ones I am shooting at.

He said it looked wonderful as "they got dis-assembled into smithereens"

By the way, do you remember his attempt at making a rifle stock last year on our duplicator?

Well, him and one of his sidekicks - one of my younger cousins - asked yesterday if they could come and try it again.

Stay tuned for more incredible stock designs!

Posts: 67227 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Oh yes, we remember Walter's stock duplication attempts. More like tooth pick manufacturing.

But, Saeed, you are avoiding the shoot-off with Walter, Mr. Dubai Disaster himself.

Are you afraid Walter might hurt someone if he sat down to fire 25 shots in your 100-yard tunnel?

I guess you think he might shoot himself in the finger or foot like he does with the air rifles?
Or shoot himself in the thigh like he does with shotguns?

Ah, well, please consider the match with Walter.
Someone will have bragging rights after that.

Walter has so much to gain and nothing to lose.
You, Saeed, have nothing to gain and so much to lose if Walter beats you.
Chicken?

Administrator
posted Hide Post
Walter has chickened out. He does not want to have any shooting match with me.

He says he finds it funny that he wins every time we shoot for fun.

But, anytime we bet on something he looses clap

I tols him it is just sheer luck that I win sometimes, and it just so happens when we have a bet - normally on a rifle or pistol!

Administrator
posted Hide Post
The master of disasters struck again!

Walter decided that we should also try our modified Ruger 10/22 pistol with all these ammo.

He got the pistol out yesterday, and it seems he had not done a very good job of installing it in its stock - a cut off thumphole stock originally intended for the 10/22 rifle.

He asked me to bed it for him, and I refused.

Bad idea!

He bedded yesterday, and despite all my efforts shouting at him to put enough release agent on, he managed to have the action stuck in the stock.

He used a plastic hammer to get it out.

First he broke the trigger guard!

Then he proceeded to clobber that action so hard, he cracked it!

I am going to post photos later on.

That gun is ruined of course. And he is blaming ME for that.

He said "you should have done the bedding. You know I am not good at this sor of thing"!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Why do I get an image of Bozo The Clown wearing a chicken suit in my head, every time Walter is mentioned?
rotflmo

Administrator
posted Hide Post
These are BEFORE and AFTER photos of Walter "fixing" my pistol!

One of Us
Picture of Tyler Kemp
posted Hide Post
Ouch! That "gun room" is even more amazing than I thought!

Love shooting precision and long range. Big bores too!

Recent college grad, started a company called MK Machining where I'm developing a bullpup rifle chassis system.

Posts: 2598 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 29 March 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Our so called "gun room" has become a place for many purposes.

Here are a few photos to give you an idea. Those with sharp eyes might notice all sorts of things that have no business being in a true "gun room"!

The kids like to spend time here, so we have lots of toys, drawing pens and games for them Needless to say, Walter likes it that way too, as he becomes one of the kids.

It is also our computer workshop. We assemble our own computers, here. Do all our videos and DVDs. Meet friends for drinks and snacks.

Basically it is what my wife calls "the boys hideout".

This the stair case leading down to the gun room.

The glass area where you see all the photos on is the shooting room.

This is the shooting bench and under ground tunnel. And you can see Dogmatix, our resident fox terrier. She loves being down here with us.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
Walter did his job, and used his brains for a change to do something!

We have updated the results of the Walther KK200 rifle, by sorting how ammo ranked, at both 50 yards and 100 yards.

Updated results

Administrator
posted Hide Post
I got a PM asking what rifles are in the photo above.

From left.

1. Sako 75 custom rifle we built, 404 J.
2. Walther KK 200 22 RF
3. Ruger 10/22 with carbon barrel
4. Remington 700 custom, 308 Winchester
5. Hall single shot custom rifle, 6 PPC
6. BRNO 22 RF, SS barrel and synthetic stock
7. Sako S491 223
8. Accuracy International 308 match rifle
9. Weatherby Mk V 257 Weatherby.
On the bench - BRNO CZ550 308
11. Kalashnikov AK 47
12. 223 Ackley custom on Sako action
13. Anschutz BR 50
14. FN 308
15. A-Square Hannibal 577 T.Rex
16. Victor 375 H&H
17. Weatherby MK V 243 Winchester
18. BRNO HB 22 RF
19. H&K MP5
20. BRNO 308
21. Colt M16
22. Krico 22 WRM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've been stopping in here for my daily chuckle. The Saeed-Walter saga, it's like a soap opera... Big Grin Every day there is something new in the drama. Next thing George Bush will be in the picture.. jumping
I do say that is one awesome reloading, gunsmithing, shooting, and general place for the boys to hang out room(s)!!
COOL!!!
Walter sure did a number on that 10-22 receiver and trigger guard. He seems to have a penchant for "fixing" things... clap

Be back tomorrow for the next serial...

Don

one of us
Picture of Steve Malinverni
posted Hide Post
Saeed,
shocker

No limitation on firearms, I think, in your country.

Mad

bye
Stefano
Waidmannsheil

Posts: 1653 | Location: Milano Italy | Registered: 04 July 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
Saeed, the number of felonies, misdemeanors and civil violations that I would be charged with if I were arrested by the authorities for having your range set up and those firearms and accessories racked up like that in my basement would go something like this:

1. Felony possession of automatic weapons.
2. Felony possession of a silencer.
3. Felony unsecured storage of firearms.
4. Felony unsecured storage of ammunition and gunpowder.
5. Civil zoning and public health code violations.

This is not a reflection on you, or your excellent hideout or firearms collection, Saeed. I should be so lucky as to have such a "gun room." It is just how bad things have become in some places - like the place I call home. thumbdown

I am certain that I have left out at least a dozen other charges that a creative prosecutor might be able to come up with, too! With the addition of kids and pets, I'm sure they'd throw in contributing to the delinquency of minors and cruelty to animals!

What a set up, though. I would go bankrupt buying reloading components if I had a range as handy and well equipped as yours! thumb

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13449 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tyler Kemp
posted Hide Post
Wow, I am in awe. On picture #5 of that post, on the left side there is some humongous "Ackley" looking shell. What is it?

Someday if I could have something remotely like that I would be eternally happy. How long is the underground range?

Love shooting precision and long range. Big bores too!

Recent college grad, started a company called MK Machining where I'm developing a bullpup rifle chassis system.

Posts: 2598 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 29 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 375 fanatic
posted Hide Post
Its an amazing place Saeed how long is the shooting tunnel

"Buy land they have stopped making it"- Mark Twain

Posts: 914 | Location: Burgersfort the big Kudu mekka of South Africa | Registered: 27 April 2007Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tyler Kemp:
Wow, I am in awe. On picture #5 of that post, on the left side there is some humongous "Ackley" looking shell. What is it?

Someday if I could have something remotely like that I would be eternally happy. How long is the underground range?

Let us see if anyone can get all of them correct.

To start you off, from the right:

223 Remington
308 Winchester
300 Winchester Magnum

Can you fill in the rest?

One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
After the .300 Win. Mag., right to left:

.375 H&H Mag.
.577-.450 Martini-Henry
.577 T-Rex
.700 Nitro Express
.50 BMG

I will have to take a time out and consult my imagination on the rest!

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13449 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
MR,

Whatever you do PLEASE do not let your imagination run as wild as Walters!

Yesterday we finished shooting the Anschutz BR50. And started on a BRNO 452 2E ZKM HB.

Walter decided to "help" by looking through the spotting scope, and make "usefull" comments about my shooting, the ammo and the rifle.

Things went like this, as I started shooting one group.

Walter "What target are you going to shoot?"
Me "That is a silly question, where do you think I will start?"
Walter "I want to know which one you are going to AIM at. Because you never hit that one"

Me "I will start with the top left hand target. So keep your eyes glued to it"

I fired one shot, which landed slightly to the left and below the aiming point.

Walter "You missed. You want me to adjust the scope for you?"
I did not say anything, and fired another shot. This landed just below the first one.

Walter "I KNEW that shot was going to be low"
Me "How could you tell?"
Walter "Aah, look at the computer. You can see that it was slower than the first shot".

I looked at the chronograph results displayed on the computer screen, and sure enough, the second shot was 3 fps slower than the first.

Me "3 feet per second does not make any difference"

Walter "Yes it does. I read somewhere that 1000 yard shooters want all their ammo to have the same velocity. In fact, I will PROVE to you that I can tell where each shot is going to land, without looking at the target. Only by looking at the veloscity. Go on, shoot some more"

I fired another shot, which landed lower than either of the first two, and slightly to the right. The velocity was 11 fps faster than the first one.

Walter "OK, Ok, that one has gone up"
Me "No it hasn't"
Walter "It should have gone up"
Me "No it hasn't"
Walter "Then it was your fault. You must have flinched"

Me "That will be the day I flinsh with a 22 rim fire"
Walter "I have seen you flinch many, many times. One time you even scared the buffalo away as you almost fell off resting on the shooting sticks! Ha ha ha. That was very funny"

Me "I forgot the safety on then, Anyway, while hunting I always yank the trigger. Here I pull it slooowly. That is why I shoot better than you"

Walter "Come on, shoot another one"

I fired another shot, which went in the same hole as the very fisrt shot. The speed was 15 fps slower.

Walter "Oh shit, that was very slow. May be it did not make it to the target! It went low"

Me "No it did not. It went into the same hole as the first one"

Walter "They must be very stupid ammo. They don't even know where to go"

My daughter walked in, and saved me any more hassle with Walter. She brought him fruits and ice cream. And as soon as Walter sees any food, he happily forgets everything else.

I wish some of our friends on this forum who are more into science than reality can make something of Walter!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Science will never understand Walter!
Psychiatry is still a century behind Walter!
Far out! A .22RF thread turned into a cannon ammo ID contest!
I would have to consult more than my imagination on those, but unfortunately my military ammo reference books are not at hand, and googling takes too long.
I'll check back later and see who won.

I will say that the big one on the far left should be identified as "Walter" because it is a big dummy.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
RIP,

You have been here long enough to know so you don't expect anything that makes sense here! Wink

one of us
posted Hide Post
Well, after seeing the rooms and guns, I think I have a better looking dog anyway. Big Grin

Posts: 2355 | Location: Australia | Registered: 14 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
... don't expect anything that makes sense here! Wink

Oh contraire! What makes sense is Walter is the court jester!

No ID's on the cannon ammo? I guess I will have to get home an get out the books and take a stab at it.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Recapping and adding, right to left, small to large:

1. 223 Remington
2. 308 Winchester
3. 300 Winchester Magnum
4. 375 H&H
5. 577/450 MH
6. 577 Tyrannosaur
7. 700 NE
8. 50 BMG
9. 15x115mm or 15mm BRG/Milo/Browning/Brno
10. 950 JDJ
11. 20x102mm US M39
12. 40mm Whatzit
13. 40mm Barnes XLC
14. 40mm Winchester Silvertip
15. Walter

Administrator
posted Hide Post
Up to number 7 you are correct.

From number 8 you are not.

Number 8 is not the 50 BMG round. It is the Russian equivalent.

I will take a photo of both later and post the measurements.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Please allow me to be so bold as to try again. More clues would be much appreciated.

Right to left, small to large:

1. 223 Remington
2. 308 Winchester
3. 300 Winchester Magnum
4. 375 H&H
5. 577/450 MH
6. 577 Tyrannosaur
7. 700 NE
8. 12.7x108mm or 12.7mm Type 54
9. 14.5x114mm or 14.5mm KPV
10. 950 JDJ
11. 20x102mm US M39
12. 40mm H&H (with ugly bullet)
13. 40mm Lott (with Barnes XLC Smurf bullet)
14. 40mm H&H (with Winchester Silvertip bullet)
15. Walter

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
MR,

Whatever you do PLEASE do not let your imagination run as wild as Walters!

Yesterday we finished shooting the Anschutz BR50. And started on a BRNO 452 2E ZKM HB.

Walter decided to "help" by looking through the spotting scope, and make "usefull" comments about my shooting, the ammo and the rifle.

Things went like this, as I started shooting one group.

Walter "What target are you going to shoot?"
Me "That is a silly question, where do you think I will start?"
Walter "I want to know which one you are going to AIM at. Because you never hit that one"

Me "I will start with the top left hand target. So keep your eyes glued to it"

I fired one shot, which landed slightly to the left and below the aiming point.

Walter "You missed. You want me to adjust the scope for you?"
I did not say anything, and fired another shot. This landed just below the first one.

Walter "I KNEW that shot was going to be low"
Me "How could you tell?"
Walter "Aah, look at the computer. You can see that it was slower than the first shot".

I looked at the chronograph results displayed on the computer screen, and sure enough, the second shot was 3 fps slower than the first.

Me "3 feet per second does not make any difference"

Walter "Yes it does. I read somewhere that 1000 yard shooters want all their ammo to have the same velocity. In fact, I will PROVE to you that I can tell where each shot is going to land, without looking at the target. Only by looking at the veloscity. Go on, shoot some more"

I fired another shot, which landed lower than either of the first two, and slightly to the right. The velocity was 11 fps faster than the first one.

Walter "OK, Ok, that one has gone up"
Me "No it hasn't"
Walter "It should have gone up"
Me "No it hasn't"
Walter "Then it was your fault. You must have flinched"

Me "That will be the day I flinsh with a 22 rim fire"
Walter "I have seen you flinch many, many times. One time you even scared the buffalo away as you almost fell off resting on the shooting sticks! Ha ha ha. That was very funny"

Me "I forgot the safety on then, Anyway, while hunting I always yank the trigger. Here I pull it slooowly. That is why I shoot better than you"

Walter "Come on, shoot another one"

I fired another shot, which went in the same hole as the very fisrt shot. The speed was 15 fps slower.

Walter "Oh shit, that was very slow. May be it did not make it to the target! It went low"

Me "No it did not. It went into the same hole as the first one"

Walter "They must be very stupid ammo. They don't even know where to go"

My daughter walked in, and saved me any more hassle with Walter. She brought him fruits and ice cream. And as soon as Walter sees any food, he happily forgets everything else.

I wish some of our friends on this forum who are more into science than reality can make something of Walter!

How do you maintain your sanity with Walther around???? jumping

Don

one of us
posted Hide Post
Cartridge said to have 1.741" bullet diameter, 9.25" case length, beside 700 NE:

Painted aluminum (?) dummy, beside .375 H&H:

Right to left, small to large:

1. 223 Remington
2. 308 Winchester
3. 300 Winchester Magnum
4. 375 H&H
5. 577/450 MH
6. 577 Tyrannosaur
7. 700 NE
8. 12.7x108mm or 12.7mm Type 54
9. 14.5x114mm or 14.5mm KPV
10. 950 JDJ
11. 20x102mm US M39
12. 40mm H&H (with ugly bullet)
13. 40mm Lott (with Barnes XLC Smurf bullet)
14. 40mm H&H (with Winchester Silvertip bullet)
15. 44.2x235mm Big Dummy Walter

Something is not right here? The 40mm's look small in comparison to the supposed 44.2mm caliber Big Dummy Walter. bewildered

one of us
Picture of Dr. Lou
posted Hide Post
Saeed, there's a good chance I will be in Dubai around February 19 or 20. It could be for a few hours or a couple days depending how long it takes to process my paperwork for Afghanistan. It would be neat to meet you if I have the time. How do I contact you? Lou

NRA Life Benefactor Member

Posts: 3313 | Location: USA | Registered: 15 November 2001Reply With Quote