New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wolf .22 rimfire ammo
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I've never shot any of it myself, but I've heard good things about Wolf brand (Russian made) .22 rimfire ammo.

What do the rest orf you here know about it?

Just yesterday I was shooting at the 200 yard range (high power: 22/250, .257 Roberts, several 30/06). There was one other shooter there at the range, and we had some conversation. I remarked to him that I have become interested in having a really accurate .22 rimfire rifle and ammunition. He said that one of his .22 rimfires performs poorly with most other ammo, but remarkably well with Wolf. He also claimed that numerous other .22 rimfire shooters are getting very good results from it.

Wolf .22 rimfire ammo is considerably less expensive here than the excellent stuff from Eley and Lapua, and, since cost is an important factor for many of us, if this Wolf stuff is on a par with the expensive stuff, that would be very good news.

"How's that whole 'hopey-changey' thing working out for ya?"

Posts: 5883 | Location: People's Republic of Maryland | Registered: 11 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wolf 22 Rimfire ammo is made in Germany, at the same factory the SK ammo is made. SK Standard Plus is the same ammo as Wolf Match Target, just boxed differently. The Wolf Centerfire ammo is made in Russia.
I bought a case of 5000 rounds of Wolf MT ammo, then sorted 3000 rounds by weight and rim thickness. It now shoots almost as accurately as the high end Eley and Laupa, but at about 40% of the cost. For example, my Suhl target rifle will shoot 5 round groups at 50 yards that measure 1/8"; no wind for that kind of shooting, but that does tell you how well the Wolf MT shoots.
Wolf MT is good stuff, and would be very competetive in local and State bencrest matches. The Nationals would necessitate shooting the high end stuff if you want to be competetive

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DMB:

Wolf 22 Rimfire ammo is made in Germany, at the same factory the SK ammo is made. SK Standard Plus is the same ammo as Wolf Match Target, just boxed differently. The Wolf Centerfire ammo is made in Russia.

Thanks for the correction; sorry for my mistake.

"How's that whole 'hopey-changey' thing working out for ya?"

Posts: 5883 | Location: People's Republic of Maryland | Registered: 11 March 2001Reply With Quote