New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pistol Shooting
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I've probably been away from pistol shooting for ten years. Now that I'm back, I've got a new problem. I normally wear progressive lenses. I find myself having to tilt my head way back when trying to get the rear sight in focus. That's not comfortable. Do I need a good pair of reading glasses, or is there some other way around this?

Posts: 13799 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've been there, done that, but I didn't wear bifocals, which is what I assume you mean by progressive lenses or similar. At any rate, I think, besides red dots or scopes, you will find that if you drop back a step or two from your "reading" lens powers, then you will be able to see the sights reasonably well while having a fairly blurred target. If you're more serious than that, you'll probably need to go to your eye doctor and explain the problem (bring a pistol).

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Maybe I should pop the lens out of one side of my reading glasses.

That would probably give me a throbbing headache, and a good number of misses.

Posts: 13799 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote