Find
Notify
Tools

Biathlon Info ???
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Honkey
posted
I am not sure what forum to post this in so I have put it in a few.

I have recently become intrigued with the biathlon sport. There is a club here in Maine and I am going to go to the next event they have.

I love shooting and my wife and kids and I have just started cross country skiing. I don't want to seriously compete as I am way to old (37) but I would love to get good enough to show up in a oldster/masters friendly competition and have some fun. I can shoot and I am in pretty good shape (I run marathons) so I think this is realistic for me.

I would love this to be a sport that my kids get into. I really appreciate the combination of max cardio output and then having to slow yourself down long enough to shoot a clean set and then back you go!

I have searched the forum and I found a few posts about biathlon rifles but nothing recent. I guess Anchutz is the leader in the field with Izmash coming up second. I would love to see some of the rigs that get shot out there.

Due to the fact that this is a underutilized sport in the USA there is very little in the way of information out there.

Any info (links, web sites ect)about the Biathlon, the equipment and the rules of the sport will be greatly appreciated.

THANKS

NRA Life
DRSS
Searcy 470 NE

The poster formerly known as Uglystick

Posts: 512 | Location: New Mexico USA | Registered: 06 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
This is a good place for it, but I did respond above.
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10514 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote